Rum River or St Criox

• rumriverrunner
    Participant

Is fishing the Rum between Isanti and Anoka or the St Criox near Taylors Falls worth it with this high water? I’ve got a 14ft aluminum with a 15hp motor. Thanks in advance for the advise…long time follower of IDO

Dave maze
    Participant
    Isanti

High water is tough on both river systems. If they are out of the banks or close to it, I stay home. I’m sure you can find fish, but you will find more snags and logs to dodge.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I can’t comment about the Croix, but obviously it is a much bigger river system than the Rum. I do pretty good on the Rum in the summer time when water levels are normal. As Dave indicated, with very high flows right now, you might be better off just waiting a while.

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

The St Croix has turned on pretty good now with the high water. At least in Stillwater, Hudson and Kinni areas. Not sure about Taylors Falls but south of there it is about as good as it gets.

dbright
    Participant
    Cambridge

Unless you have spent a fair amount of time on the rum I would wait tell the water drops. I tried Saturday for awhile but with the water over the banks I struggled. The stretch I fished has dropped 4-5′ in the last week. Depending on the rain Wednesday it might be back in the banks by the weekend.

rumriverrunner
    Participant

Thanks for all the help…great info. I’ll wait it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.