rough fish regulations

• starkj25

This may seem like a stupid question but I don’t want to get a ticket for something like this. I just wanted to know if you can fish for suckers in any river/stream in Wisconsin whenever? It seems a little hard to find the answer in the DNR regs.
    Thanks

DrewH
    s/w WI.

I am guessing here. If you are fishing in a body of water that has a closed season say for walleyes you would be hard pressed to explain to a skeptical warden you were fishing for suckers with a night crawler on the hook. I heard some second hand info on a case where someone wanted to troll for crappies using the same method you would use to troll for walleyes. The warden said no because the walleye season was not open. Wardens in WI. do not have a sense of humor. Please post back when you get a definite answer.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

If you are bottom rigging as I do for suckers it is not too much of a stretch for the DNR to believe me. You may not fish designated trout streams but the others are ok to fish. If you start catching walleyes then you had better move spots.

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

If you are bottom rigging as I do for suckers it is not too much of a stretch for the DNR to believe me. You may not fish designated trout streams but the others are ok to fish. If you start catching walleyes then you had better move spots.

If you start catching walleyes, you could just throw them up on the bank to rot in order to make more room for Redhorse.

…I’m just kidding. I’m not for the destruction of any fish but some are and for those reasons. It make me sad to think some have such disdain towards such a cool fish as the Roughfish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.