Snakeheads on topwater???

• tom_gursky
    Participant
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Caught In Fisherman on the tube yesterday and they were catching Snakeheads up to 7-8lbs in the Florida drainage canals on topwater (Gulp Frogs)… It looked like a blast!

Jeremiah Shaver
    Participant
    La Crosse, WI

aren’t snakeheads an invasive species that should be killed upon catching?

tom_gursky
    Participant
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

The Northern Snakehead is the only one that can survive over 50 degree water and certainly should be. The local expert on the show was promoting the Florida Snakehead as a new sport fish like the Peacock Bass…
    To each his own I suppose…

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Caught In Fisherman on the tube yesterday and they were catching Snakeheads up to 7-8lbs in the Florida drainage canals on topwater (Gulp Frogs)… It looked like a blast!

Thanks for the heads up! Should be on the DVR when I get home

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Dude! That was an awesome episode!!! Paddlefish, Lake Sturgeon, and Bullseye Snakeheads. Very cool.

castandblast
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

I agree with the erradication of snakeheads in our home waters but over here in SE Asia they are one cool fish. We have 6 different snakehead species in my area. The Giant Snakehead is the biggest and most colorful. I have caught a few of them but nothing over 2 lbs. yet. I am hoping for the 10+ lb. variety. They are kind of like fishing for muskies because they are the fish of multiple casts. I am taking all my midwest angling know-how and applying it to the Giant Snakehead.

This is just a baby one.

Check out some of these that Jean Francois Helias has caught. They have some really cool colors.

Francois has given me some tips on fishing these things but I would sure love to watch that In-Fisherman segment you all are talking about.

bret_clark
    Participant
    Sparta, WI

They look like the Mississippi Bow Fins all dolled up for a night on the town

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.