Fisher Tyler asks…

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Too muc hpolution in the river down there. It’s like Blinky the three eyed fish off the Simpson’s.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Wow – poor thing (common carp) is missing it’s tail – surprise it made it so long with out it. How did it fight?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Holy crap! I can’t believe that thing is alive!!! Awesome

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Amazing how things adapt.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

a short one!
    common carp Tyler

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Quote:

a short one!
    common carp Tyler

HAR!
    Weird indeed.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just goes to show that carp make very good flathead bait.

Too bad we can’t use them in MN.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I had no idea that fish was missing the tail until it was coming into the net. He caught it on a 4′ ultralight rod with an under-spin reel and 4 lb test line.

That fish looked more like a tadpole when it tried to bolt off after the release, it moved pretty good, but it obviously couldnt hit top speed.

Closely inspecting the tail area, I dont think that fish ever had a tail. There was no sign of damage ever, and the scales were as perfect as they could have been.

If it were any type of predator, I dont think it would have survived to grow old, but that fish was perfectly healthy, and didnt appear to be excessively old for the size. I wouldnt be surprised to see it again some day a few years down the road… likely much larger.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Thanks for sharing that picture. It just amazes me what people can catch sometimes.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Interesting fish

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That’s pretty cool. I didn’t notice it in the first picture either. I’d imagine he was born that way, as to have that much lopped off at any age I would lead to some mortal fungus/bacteria not long after. Not to mention not much loss of blood, unless it’s attacker had cauterizing teeth!

Thanks for sharing Tyler!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.