Roof collapse

• Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

The roof collapsed on the Miller Hill Mall in Duluth. From what I gather it was over the Applebee’s. No reported injuries.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

I think the Union bought me lunch there once!; toast

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

My daughter who goes to school there texted me that this morning. They got hit rather hard a few days ago. She sent me a picture of her standing waist deep in the fresh snow. Her and her roommates got a hell of a workout shoveling out their driveway.

Tlazer
    Participant

In NW Wisconsin from Thursday afternoon through Friday evening they have issued a winter storm watch for 8-16” of snow possible. Duluth is right next to the area they have the watch out for, so they could be getting another few inches of snow.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Saw the video of that. A lot of snow on that roof and more on the way like tlazer said. I would imagine there’s an owner and insurance company pretty nervous.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

They closed the mall until further notice.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

After Thursday/Fridays snowfall, Duluth will likely be at the 5th snowiest winter on record. It’s been a long and tough winter to say the least.

A coworkers FIL just had his garage roof collapse over the weekend. Granted he didn’t remove any snow from it all winter but ya, lots of weight on the roofs up this way right now.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Sounds like the South shore could get walloped again.

Tlazer
    Participant

Sorry to hear about the garage roof. I have heard many sheds have had the roofs collapsing in my area. This winter seems like it will never end. Tired of snow blowing and shoveling. Looking forward to mowing. How sick is that?

Tlazer
    Participant

Weather now doesn’t sound good for Duluth. Calling for 6-12” of snow with a light glaze of ice possible Thursday going into Friday. Hope they are working on getting the snow off before the next storm.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I wouldnt feel safe working in that mall after that.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

stories like this make me glad i took the time out of my busy fishing schedule to clean the snow off the out buildings at the cabin some time ago. the cabin and main big shed have steel roofs….so those only needed a little help!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.