Rod Holders

• Dream’n
    Participant
    South St. Paul, Mn

I have an Alumacraft Dominator with the large gunnels. I have two of the Alumacraft rod holders but they are not the most strong nor can you troll with the rod tip under water. What are some good option for rod holders for trolling for Muskie? Are any removable when not in use?
    Thank, Bob

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Might want to take a look at Folbe Advantage rod holders.
    These were designed in Oregon for Salmon and White Sturgeon.
    In 8 years, I’ve seen one break and that was because it was in a fight with a dock.

Removable from the base when not in use.
    Easy to just lift your rod out of the holder with even the hardest pulling sturgeon on the end of your rod. Muskies are no different.

Folbe Site

I can’t count how many I’ve sold just to people that have used them in my boat.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

I run saltys for trolling musky with tip under water. I use driftmaster pro/duo for everything else.

Tough tough…. And no stinking plastic

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Not sure if your gunnels are large enough for tracks but I’d highly recommend Traxstech. They’ve got everything you’ll ever need.

Price is high but they are all hard anodized aluminum and rock solid. Very popular on the Great Lakes.

patk
    Participant
    Nisswa, MN

I have an Alumacraft Dominator with the large gunnels. I have two of the Alumacraft rod holders but they are not the most strong nor can you troll with the rod tip under water

Can you elaborate on what isn’t strong enough? Base, mount, both? What do you have today?

Fellow dominator owner and very interested in this thread. I’ve got the flush mounted Scotty on the gunnel. One where you insert the holder into the base. Works for walleye but can rotate easily by hand. Haven’t tried using the holder with the Alumatrac accessory yet

Dream’n
    Participant
    South St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have the Alumatrac rod holders that are what you pay for, $30. They loosen up easy if bumped and the pole can only point straight out and/or up from the base. Works ok for panfish and small pike.

311hemi
    Participant
    Dayton, MN

Might want to take a look at Folbe Advantage rod holders.

I agree, ran the Folbe in my last boat and they were great. I picked up the Flobe Jr for the new boat and they are great as well, just a little smaller. I am liking the jr.

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

I have the Scheels brand and I absolutely love them..

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Salty’s mounted on rails.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.