October Fishing Reports

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I was out yesterday from 9 AM to 3 PM and fished from Hwy. 106 bridge to Hwy. 26 bridge. The cats are hungry, I got 6 of them vertical jigging that averaged at least 6 lbs., one sheep, one carp, and one shorty. The cats are thick in the trench just below Hwy. 106. Other than my shorty I didn’t see anyone else with a walleye all day, a few guys were getting a few crappies though.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Gregg,

It must of been fun catching those cats

Now the caliber of angler you are and you didn’t catch a walleye this time of year that must mean something, I really was starting to think I was doing something wrong myself because I haven’t been catch walleyes this year like years past. I really think something has changed and to get a limit of walleyes are hard to come by. I’ll be out all day today fishing the same places so your report kind of depressed me.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I had a hard time walking into work this morning without stepping on crawlers. Hmm, wonder what bait would work today? Good luck out there! I’ll be out in the cold chilly morning for a few hours.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

well, if you guys are struggling, then I might as well put the boat away for the year, catch up on the honey-do list and other stuff, and head to a fish fry every Friday night. On second thought, if you get ’em, just post when, where, and on what (gps coords would be nice), to make life a bit easier for your good IDO buddies.

But on second thought, putting the boat away sounds a bit rash; would rather live with a good skunking than be merely thinking about fishing while raking leaves, cleaning windows, cutting down dead trees, etc. My next window of opportunity will hopefull be some afternoon next week. Maybe see you guys out there one of these times.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Not a great report today for you guys, just a slow windy rainy day. Did talk to Bola out there, think positive Jeff, it will get better. Plan on hitting again Sat morning. I am off Monday and maybe I might just go all the way down to Newville, we’ll see.
    WeFish

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

wow there must be something wrong if everyone’s having a hard time catching fish! hopefully it will pick up in the next couple weeks. i will be out probably next Tuesday or Wednesday morning. so hopefully we can get a few fish. good luck out there guys

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Saw WeFish fishing Sunday afternoon on my way to my tree stand. Andy how did you do Sunday?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.