august fishing reports

• Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

anyone been out lately? i havent football practice is taking up a lot of time

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Football

July and August are for bass fishing and not here. I just returned from the northwoods and caught lots of buckets but lost too many cranks to muskie. I did boat one though in the upper 30 inch range on 6 lb. test and another with heavier line about the same size. Temps for the weekend look a bit on the chilly side so it may be time to head back to the river and the water will belong to anglers again – I certainly ain’t jumping in the water with the dropping temps.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Same here….chasing fish in other waters, but they always seem to elude me lately. But come mid-September…..back to the Rock until it ices over. Fall is my favorite time to fish. The rivers generally settle down some compared to the spring high water. And the best part, I don’t have to compete with all my split-personality buddies(ie. the hunters), so there’s more fish for me. This thread will be getting more active soon……

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

yeah same here i’ll be back in the fall for a few visits but the muskys might be calling my name a lot during that time too so it will be a tough decision but will make at least 1 or 2 trips. hopefully the waters a little higher than last fall see you guys in the fall

dennyj4
    Rockford,Illinois

Hi Everyone, The baseball season for my son’s is about over. I am looking forward to some fishing trips to the Rock with my son’s and grandson. We had a great time last fall plus caught some really nice walleyes.Hope to see all of you on the water . Good fishing to all…..Denny

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

same here,been fishing the big pond,heading out 5 am in kenosha tomorrow.can never have too much smoked salmon

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Well, good to hear the team is back, lock jaw seemed to long. Hope to see all on the water soon. It’s been a short summer and the fall fishing should unlock some lips.

dennyj4
    Rockford,Illinois

Hi Jeff, Good to hear from you. I was wondering on your kicker motor if it was a short shaft or a long shaft? On my Lund I’m thinking a long shaft. Some feedback from anyone would be great. Thanks ……Denny

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Denny. if your kicker is mounted at the same level on the transom as your main motor, then whatever your main motor is, should be ok for the kicker. On my Yarcraft, the transom steps up a few inches from the level the main motor is mounted on, and the kicker is mounted on the part that steps up.. Main motor is a long shaft. I was still able to use a long shaft kicker, which is fine when the water isn’t too rough. But there are times on Lake MI when the kicker comes up a bit too high in swells…..very infrequent, and probably shouldn’t be out on those days anyway. Hope this helps.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Netmann, how did your first game go? Did you get enough reps on the field and stay off your back? It looks like there won’t be much to watch in Fort again this year. I tried an hour or so on the river Saturday afternoon without a bite.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Denny,
    When I did have a kicker motor it was a long shaft.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

well it went good and we beat beloit up pretty good but hey its beloit. we won 33-6 and then with 10 minutes in the 4th the game got canceled so no i didnt play but next year i will. just jv for this year. only a couple more weeks left guys cant wait

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.