December Fishing report

• lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

nice report, heres how we spent the holiday!!

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Looks like you have some good eating this winter. Nice looking birds. With bird hunting over now what are you going to do? I hit a rock in the river Friday so I’ll be laid up for a while, prop and skag need repair.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

with hunting over i will be making a lot of lead heads for this spring. sorry to hear about your motor. i thought you said you put your boat away for the winter? did you catch any or didn’t you get any fishing in? any reports on kosh yet?

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I really don’t put my boat away until river is iced up, like now again, I winterize the livewells and thats it. If the river opens up I get the boat out. I caught some fish on Thursday but only one keeper and the rest were small. Just not enough pictures to make a report. Friday I thought I was going to hit the jackpot, well I didn’t hit the jackpot I hit a ROCK. I hit rocks before but not this hard. It’s a scary feeling, I new it would happen and I’m sure it will happen again as much as I fish the rock. It’s part of being a boat owner I guess if you fish river systems. Any way the boat is ready to go and can’t wait to get back out.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

i hear that one. i hit a couple trying to get past the rapids last spring!! luckily no major damage. where did u get it fixed?

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I bought a new prop at MW Marine, Barry UPS it to me and I got it today. The guy I was fishing with that day took my broken prop to Anchors Aweigh and they sent it out to get fixed. My skeg just had a little crack in it and a guy in Cambridge by Lake Ripley will fix the skeg when it gets warmer. I can still run it with the cracked skeg as long as I don’t hit another rock and tear it off. But I should have it welded up and painted before I go out again. If I was in a hurry MW Marine would of did it all.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

your probably saving yourself an arm and a leg by not going to mw.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

jeff, maybe this will make you feel better about your boat. remember when my boat got hit in the parking lot, now it happened to my brand new truck. someone side swiped the front quarter panel while we were eating at the pine cone. i’m staying away from these parking lots, i’m gonna start parking on the grass where no one else is!!! 2500 bucks damage and of course no one saw anything… hope your doing better than me…

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Sorry to hear that Mike. It bet it was a darn eagle fan to. Was that the pine cone in creek?

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

ya, we were on our way home from a job in madison. probably some redneck truck driver. the cop i talked to says this happens quite often over there!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.