Rock River Fishing Report Fort Athinson WI

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Conditions on the river this morning had lots of ice coming down. I would say it was all most unfishable. As the day warmed up, if you call it that, it start to break up. The boat launch at K-Mart was frozen up I broke it up as much as I could when I went for my walk today. But I’m sure it’s all frozen up again. I would say if it stays cold like the weather man said you can start winterizing your boats.

lundmann23
    Franklin

keep me posted on ice conditions on kosh, gonna have to give it a whirl again this year!!!thanks

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just a quick update report. Went fishing Thursday morning for two hours and caught at least nine saugers which three were keepers all around 15 1/8. Most were caught with minnows and released. The ice was not a issue and weather forecast looks good for the weekend.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i winterized my boat waaaaaaaaaaaay to early, what a bummer!!!wishin i was fishin!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just a quick report from Sunday. Fishing I thought was slow. I marked lots of fish but nothing big really hammering the jigs. The water has drop at least a foot in the last week so the winter draw down is on again. We caught a few small fish in the range of 14 to 15 inches and only one nice 16 inch sauger we released. We caught three or four saugers on ringies. The rest of the fish were caught on egg sinker and 12 to 14 inch leader in six pound line and a hook and fathead just letting it hang over the side of the boat. water temp was 35.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Jeff, I love fishing the Rock down here. One of these days I would like to come up your way and fish it up there. Maybe this spring we can hook up.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Consider it a done deal, just let me know when your ready.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I sure will Jeff. Thanks alot.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The rock river is frozen up at most or all launches. I have winterize my boat and got the ice fishing gear out. For now on my reports will be ice fishing reports.

lundmann23
    Franklin

don’t forget to keep me updated!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I sure will Mike.

lundmann23
    Franklin

[image]http://[/image]

lundmann23
    Franklin

oops, wrong picture, finally starting to figure this damn new camera out. anyway, this is my duck retriever!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Yep, I remember when I started to first post pictures here. Yours pictures remind me alot of the way I did it. You will learn to crop and resize your pic’s or someone will get here. But it’s great that you are learning. I have a long way to go also so hang in there. Nice looking dog and crappies Mike . Dont forget to enter in the free Holiday Give Away. Click below to find out more.

Holiday Give Away !!

lundmann23
    Franklin

i’m learning slowly. i hope everybody stays patient. jeff, what tips can you give me on posting pics? any help is appreciated…

lundmann23
    Franklin

sauger from up by the dells

kapnjim

Lundmann, on the crappie picture, is that a UFO off your right shoulder above the house? I knew they were real !!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I remember when I use to get those UFO’s flying around me before I got my scanner.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike I guess I’m not the best person to ask. I’ll see if I can get H20 or ecnook to answer that. Do you have a photo editing so you can crop and resize?

lundmann23
    Franklin

ya i have that, i’m getting the hang of it now. ya, thats a ufo, i seem to see it a lot!!!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff, heres my brothers 11 pounder from last month!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nice fish, we open the river Sunday from bark river to 106 bridge. I was with a guy that had a Lund and he broke ice from 2 to 4 inch, I was impressed when there was not a mark or dent on the boat. I see your getting the hang of posting pic’s.
    PS. Should have a report on Sunday fishing by Tuesday.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i hope you did good. i’m getting spring fever real bad already. only about 2 months to go. too bad the boat is winterized!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

What’s winterize mean? We don’t winterize boats in southern WI. You can always fine open water some where. You just have to prep it for the cold weather.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.