Rock River WI Jefferson Co. Walleye Fishing Report

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

With the water levels much higher, good current and water & air temps below 40 I new the day would be a good one. The air temps been a steady 38 to 44 degrees and water been 36 to 39. Most of the reports on some of the popular area said it’s been slow. So I new with the new water levels that would let me get to some of my other hot spots. There not big fish spots but areas that you can get numbers and keep clients happy(Good Eater Fish) . I started off in 8 FOW Got my dead rod out with a 1/4oz lindy no snag sinker, one foot leader and #6 gold hook. Slapped on a big old fathead and before it hit the bottom I had a nice 16″ sauger. Put on another minnow and then started to vertical jig. On one rod I had a 3/8oz Zone-R Nuckle Ball jig in the black/orange color with a fathead, some times hooked two fatheads on. The other rod I had 3/8oz Zone-R in glow/green with 4″ Chart.Green Core Ringworm. The ringworm bite at times was hot then it would shut down and minnows were hot. I was alway catching fish on the dead rod to. It was sure nice catching fish on the ringworm. Baiting your jigs with minnow at times got your hands cold. Thanks for hand warmer . Lots of fish were caught in 10 to 14 FOW. It really didn’t matter what kind of bottom it was. Sunday should be better and I would bet that fishing will stay good until ice. Until next time, Be safe, take a kid fishing and practice CPR.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

To check out my up to date fishing report how the awesome weekend went click below. This picture is just a sample of the good times Chuck Berray and myself had.

Rock River WI Walleye Fishing Report

lundmann23
    Franklin

nice report jeff, glad to see your catching fish as usual. my brother is trying to get me to go to the miss. saturday instead of deer hunting. he’s really been hammering them and last week he got an 11.8 pounder. its going on the wall. he sent me some pics, pretty nice fish!! we’ll see if he can convince me to go, i do love opening day of deer hunting!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Good to hear from you Mike. The fish are really hammering the plastics. Try to get out and experience this awesome bite if you haven’t put your boat away. Good luck deer hunting.

lundmann23
    Franklin

just winterized the boat last weekend. done fishing until theres ice. i’ll be out chasing da turdy point buck all week. good luck if your going!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Yes I’m going. I have vacation for the whole season. Plan on doing lots of fishing also. Be carefull out there and tie in if your in a tree. Good Luck to you to… luck is not a factor with me it’s skill.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fished this morning and zipoooooooooooo. Some anglers started to get a few after 10:00 when I left. The bite has slowed up. With the colder weather coming I think I’ll spend more time in the woods than on the water. If we get any temps around 50 I be back. everyone and to those hunting this weekend good luck.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi guys, been hunting and have not yet made it out fishing. But I have been watching the conditions of the river and keeping a ear open. There is no problem launching yet and they have said the bite has turn on again and limits of sauger/walleye mix are being caught. Fishing has been slow from the mouth to Fort. But from Fort to Jefferson fishing has been good.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Finally gave up a day of deer hunting to do some fishing. Bingo, great day on the water caught over 30 saugers on plastic. Watch for my report at the entrance by Tuesday, sorry need some .

lundmann23
    Franklin

hey jeff, how did your gun season go? mine was pretty boring. only saw 2 shooter bucks the whole week and of course they never offered a shot. passed on many 8 and 9 pointers that were close to shooting but was holding off for 2 huge 10 pointers that we saw earlier in the season. almost identical deer. oh well, we got next year.
    i fished the miss saturday with my brother and we kept 8 while releasing many more. had about a 5 pounder to the boat but of course my brother knocked it off with the net!! lol!! everything was on plastics. pearl seemed to be the hot color. k-grubs and ringworms. i love fishing these plastics. first time i really gained confidence using jigs without bait. i think you will see less of me on the rock next spring as i have really fallen for the miss. theres just a lot more water to fish and i think the quality of the fish are a tad better. hope your vacation was good!!
    Mike

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Mike, hunting went ok, besides the rain and wind I managed to get a nice buck Friday. If I had a brother that lived on the miss I sure would spend some time there also. As far as the rock, that’s more fish for me to catch if you don’t fish here, but you really never caught that many any how . You will have to drive three hour to go fishing at the miss. If you would just learn the Rock you would only have to drive less than a hour and catch just as much, may be not the size but we do have good number. I guess if my reports haven’t convinced you yet they never will. We catch fish on plastic here also. Have fun on the miss and make sure you post some reports and pictures.

lundmann23
    Franklin

Easy, i catch my share on the rock. don’t get me wrong, the rock is great. nice and close but the miss is new scenery. i will be fishing both. i’m gonna fish the WAT walleye tournaments next year and all of them are on the miss. i have to show my brother that his younger sibling can hang with the big boys. he ended up in the top ten this year and got invited to nationals next spring. i guess there being held in kansas or pennsylvania. $250,000 worth of prizes.

p.s. i think i’m getting a digital camera for x-mas, so as soon as i learn how to use it, i will have some pictures on here!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.