Rock River fishing report for the weekend

• jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fished Sunday afternoon and this morning, the vertical jig bite is starting to pick up. Water temp down to 67 this morning but I’m sure it was back up to the 70 by midday. Water was up a couple of inches after all that rain but not enough. The Newville area was slow but I did manage to get a nice 25 inch walleye and some shorties. Blackhawk Island on my way home nothing. You would think that place would start popping pretty soon.

kapnjim
    Participant

Hi Jeff, I may try to get out this weekend. Not sure how much serious fishing I will be able to do though because my 4-year old will probably be coming along. If you see a kid casting a Daredevil with the hooks cut off that is “my boy”…

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

What area of the river will you be fishing and what kind of rig do you have?

cbarten
    Participant

hey jeff,
    i made it out to the river thursday for a half day of fishing. i didn’t start until 7 a.m. and left at 2 p.m. i picked up a 25′ walleye and a 38′ northern. pretty slow as copared to my last few times out but i had to leave early my favorite partner got sick so you know how that goes. hopefully the cooler temps the bite will pick up again. we’ll see ya out there-chris

kapnjim
    Participant

I’ll probably start out around Blackhawk Island in my blue Sylvan.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

hey jeff and other anglers, hows it going? long time, no talk. you guys will have to keep me updated on the bite as i will only be fishing when it really heats up. its just to hard to fish all day when duck season is going. of course i could always keep the beretta in the boat in case some mallards come flying by. i did promise the old man a day in the boat this fall so keep me updated. good luck and tight lines to all!!!

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Well guys I really don’t have much to report this weekend. Fishing for me is still slow. How about any body else, are you guys catching any fish? Jim did you and you son do any good? I see you found that deep little hole by the bridge, I usally hit that spot also. Some times you can pull a nice one out of there.

kapnjim
    Participant

I spent most of my time arguing with my 4-year old on who gets to run the trolling motor. I did lose one really nice fish that I never saw, however, it fought like a snagged carp rather than a walleye….

hard-water
    Participant
    Milwaukee, WI

Fished by the dam in Jefferson today. Got a 16″ walleye (cpr). Was using a gumball colored 1/8 oz jig with a metallic yellow twister tail tipped with a med. fathead. Used a stop and go retrieve. Finally..the SKUNK is over….Good luck out there..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.