July Reports for Rock River & Lake Koshkonong

• jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Anglers, I hope you all have a safe and wonderful 4th of July weekend. SAFETY FIRST

If the weather holds off in the morning We Fish and myself are going out to do some fishing. Hopefully we will have something to report on, see you all soon.

PS. My tip to you is to fish the shoreline(Shallows).

Just remember, I’m not always right, that’s what tackle boxes are for. LOL

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Got about 30 minutes of fishing in this morning before we got slammed by the sky. We Fish did managed to get one sauger before it stormed out.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi anglers, WOW what a morning. One of my best fishing trips this year . Took Dale Helgeson from Outdoor Experience fishing this morning for walleyes and got some awesome fish and film footage. We started fishing & filming by 5:00am and was done fishing and filming by 8:00am. Dale and I caught 15 walleyes and released five fish a 28″, two 25″ and two 23″ and kept 10 eyes ranging from 17″ to 20″ for the frying pan. All are fish were caught in four to five foot of water using 1/8oz nuckle ball jigs with ringworms or crawlers. Should have some pictures posted tonight

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

All right I will show you guys some more now. More pic’s still coming.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

nice fish, i was planning on coming out today but the weather wasn’t looking to good. took my dad out perch fishing in between the storms and had our limit of 12 to 14 inchers in about a half hour. just made it in when the lightning started!

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

jeff, thats a pretty fancy fishing hat in that first pic!

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks, that hat kept my ears from getting burned.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

i wanna see a pic of that 28 incher.

FSHRMN
    Participant
    Waukesha Wi

Hey Jeff, nice fish. Looks like I’ve been missing some good walleye action, Been too busy having fun with smallies on Geneva and Pine. Question; with the heavy rains we had and more on the way does the fishing get better, worse or indifferent on Kosh with the fresh water coming in? Also were would be the best place to launch a larger boat/motor without driving across the whole lake. I don’t know the lake that well and don’t want to catch a rock bar etc.

lundmann23
    Participant
    Franklin

hey fshrmn, i know the lake pretty good and i don’t think you have to worry about hitting anything. you might want to check with jeff first because he knows more about it than me, but i have been flying all over the lake in recent weeks and have yet to see anything to worry about!

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Welcome back FSHRMN, Fishing I think will get better with more rain. With run off and the water level on the rise gives an angler more choices. If I were you I would launch at Riverfront Resort on Blackhawk Island or on the other side of the lake in Newville you can launch at the Anchor Inn.

Now back to you Mike, here is a picture of that 28″ eye Dale caught Sunday.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Well as long as I’m on a role here’s some more.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Yep I justed happen to have another.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It sure is great that July is starting off in a bang like June ended. I hope you all enjoy the pic’s and soon more to come. went out this morning and caught two nice eyes in the 20″ range and two nice sauger in the 18″ ranges. All fish this morning were caught in three foot of water with jig and crawler. The fish wanted live bait this morning I could not get any on plastic or cranks. Had to fish very slow and sometime you didn’t even fell them pick it up. Also lost to nice fish because I didn’t get a good hook set.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi anglers, this week was a pretty good week for walleyes if you had rain gear. I fished everyday but today. I caught walleyes on everyday also. I Only fished the morning from 5:00 to 8:00 and caught at least three to four walleyes each day. The fish were biting on jigs and plastic and if that stopped working then I put on a crawler or leech on. Most of the fish were caught in four to five feet of water by creeks or water run off. I will have lots of great pic’s by Monday. My biggest eye was a 27″. This weekend I will be in Madison fish Lake Mendota for a event called Fishing Has No Boundaries . I have donated my services for the weekend to take a handicap angler fish.
    Everyone enjoy the weekend and think Safety .

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi anglers here are some pictures of some nice walleyes we caught last week, and my 27″ walleye. All fish caught on the river in five foot of water using jigs and crawlers or leeches.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here some more pic’s

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

another happy angler that I took out on an outing.

MikeHuppert
    Participant
    Western Wisconsin

Jeff, nice pics, you guys are catching some real nice fish lately . It’s nice to see that the fishery on the Rock has recovered in such a short time ! Keep the pictures coming.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks Mike, later I will post some pictures from the weekend. I donated my services for the handicap anglers. The event was called Fishing Has No Boundaries . We fished on Lake Mendota in Madison and it was a great success.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here’s some pictures of some more nice walleyes Dale and I caught last week. The fish were caught in five foot of water using jigs and leeches.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here’s the one Dale caught.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Also took my son bluegill fishing last week. This is just one of 20 we caught fishing in 15 foot of water using ice fishing jigs and wax worms.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fished on the Rock River at Newville 59 bridge Saturday from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. First thing I did when I arrive I stop in at the Anchor Inn right next to the hwy 59 bridge and had a burger and a drink, great food. Then after I eat I did some drifts by the hwy 59 bridge and ended up with one nice 22″ walleye and four shorties. I saw Chuck over in his house getting a little antic when he saw me catching all those eyes. But I knew he wouldn’t come out with all those pleasure boater on the water. Never saw one other angler fishing. Caught all my fish jigging crawlers or leeches around the bridge pilers. Then on my way back home I stopped at the stink pipe and fished to dark and never had a hit.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Anglers, on July 12 I donated my services to take handicap anglers out fishing at a event call Fishing Has No Boundaries in Madison WI, on Lake Mendota. Here’s some pictures of one happy angler I took fishing that day.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I have to show you this nice gill Joe caught also. Just one of many.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It’s great when you can lip a bluegill, that’s when you know you have a true ten incher.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here’s some pictures of some Rock River walleyes I caught this weekend also in the morning Monday. These walleyes were caught in five foot of water vertical jigging 3/8oz glow/green Zone”R” jigs by Fin-Tech with a fathead.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Vertical jigging works in the summer also.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

All year long I always start off vertical jigging and when that fails then I try different techniques. As you can see vertical jigging has not failed to many times. These walleyes were all caught vertical jigging on the Rock River by Newville WI,in the shallows with lots of boat traffic in the channel.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.