Rock River & Lake Koshkonong Reports October

• Ryan Niess
    Milton

Been out a few times between Duck hunting and bow and the bite has been pretty good. I always see the term color is key and finally realized that is 100 percent true on this system. Was out for 3 straight days and every day the hot color of yesterday was only good for catching gloves and logs. Kept changing and used some jig heads that one of the guys on here knows quite a bit about and had some great luck. Mostly CPR but kept these for the fry pan. Also some ducks were to be had at some places on the lake. Thank god for the high water!

Attachments:
    1. 2016-10-04-18.19.35.jpg

2. 20161003_192956-1.jpg

3. 20161003_192956.jpg

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

nice catch Ryan, congrats.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Well Done,

Been hearing lots of reports from the River. After all the chatter on other sites and fleet farm (yup people were gathered in the jig section talking about it) the fall combat fishing should be on hand.

Have fun guys.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Finally got out for the inaugural fall trip yesterday, and couldn’t have asked for a better day, and the fish cooperated as a bonus. Water temp started out at 54 and rose to 56 by day’s end. Went solo without live bait in the boat, which might have kept the numbers down, but the quality was good. Boated about 20 eyes with 5 legals at 15 to 18 inches, and a few large white bass. Did best away from the crowds, but looked like most were catching fish. Had lots of nips at the plastic throughout the day, but not sure what species.
    I have to add that a certain river rat (JP toast ) got me hooked on this river almost 15 years ago, and I look forward to the fall fishing every year as summer comes to an end. Back out on Monday.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Congrats on an great outing z-man. Starting to be the fall fishing frenzy like years past. About time! Good to see you out Saturday afternoon. As you could see I was hiding pretty good also from the crowds. toast

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Good to see you Jeff. After a good outing on Friday, couldn’t resist getting back out. So when a neighbor came over while I was working on my truck and suggested we go, it took me about 2 seconds to say yes, and off we went.Fished from 2 till 6 and boated about 15 eyes with 4 legals from 15 to 19.This time,fatheads were the ticket, with no fish caught on plastics. Go figure.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Out yesterday morning for a few hours with two newbies to the Rock. Water temps up to 61 degrees, and flow and water levels up from weekend rains. Fish still cooperated, as we boated 4 legals and a dozen or so shorts, and at least as many solid swings and misses. Plastics and minnows both produced.
    Had a confirmed sighting of Wefish, who hasn’t lost his touch. waytogo

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Isn’t it great Ed, being retired so you can go fishing any day you want? It was good to see ya. Now its back off the grid for me.

Peace
    WeFish

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Good see you z-man again. Did managed a few nice keepers in the crowds but after dealing with tough drift because of to many boats I went up river around corner less wind and anglers and managed more and better keepers. Great move. Hope you got on them! Now back off the grid…..lol

z-man
    Dousman, WI

You did well. We quit a bit after we saw you returning, with one more legal for a total of 3. Grandson was happy, so with great weather, can’t complain. Plastics were dead, but with water temps at 54 and on their way down again, that bite should pick up.

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

Another WeFish sighting. Lots of shorts and a couple of 16″ eyes. One with a tag. Best color for the afternoon hour–pink/white.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.