Rock River & Lake Koshkonong Fishing Reports

• jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Any action out there? See open water down town Fort! Time to get the bucket out?

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Yeah, ive been thinking hard about getting the boat out as its been open a while. Then I come to my senses, and order more trolling/ jigging gear to get ready for when its time, lol . My have to hit the shore line, see whats around.

broadwaybob
    Participant
    Janesville, WI

I got out on the river Tuesday from 10- 4:30. Boated a dozen fish and had one keeper and one missed at the side of the boat. Fish were located from the mouth up to Kmart launch. Many Sauger and some walleye. Bright skies, fish were deep, had to give them a two count before setting hook or you’d miss them. Water temps 40-42*F and pretty clear water after the rain.

kv56
    Participant
    Janesville

anybody getting the itch to fish yet.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

be out during the weekend. Get new boat next week. yay

diesel
    Participant
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Congrats…what ya getting?

D

eyecatchum
    Participant
    Milwaukee WI

I’ve only fished the Rock from shore before. Anybody with good knowledge of the river feel like jumping in the boat this weekend and helping me avoid some prop damage? Who knows, maybe catch a few fish while were at it…

kv56
    Participant
    Janesville

Jeff, Congrats on the new boat. Hope to get mine out of storage prison tomorrow.

Catchum, glad to join you in a couple weeks. Still healing up.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

G3 – rig this boat only for the rock river and lake Koshkonong.

Attachments:
    1. outfitter_v177_t_fishing.jpg

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nice, you downsized to your retirement boat. You should be able to get in and out of that one easily in your old age. It looks like it’ll catch fish for you with little effort, now you’re going to need a better fillet knife.

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Nice looking rug Jeff. After I sold my trophy, I got a new downsized rig last year, as I found I was only fishing kosh and the river. Love my new rig, Im sure you will too. Only thing I miss at times this rig does 25 mph , the bigger boat did 52,lol. Take my escape for ease of fishing and getting around the shallows any day.See you out there.

broadwaybob
    Participant
    Janesville, WI

Has anyone seen Jeff Patrick in his new boat? I think he ended up in an Alumacraft after all. (If my sources are correct.) See you on the water. Bob

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Has anyone seen Jeff Patrick in his new boat? I think he ended up in an Alumacraft after all. (If my sources are correct.) See you on the water. Bob

You are correct Bob.

JNT’s Marine Pro’s let me down so I got down payment back, No more G3!

Got a Alumacraft 165 Classic from Rock River Marine and Motorsports. Only took one week and Frank had me on the water, one week!

Got Bluetooth on terrova i-pilot, can run it with my phone…just awesome.

My HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2 Hummingbird’s are awesome also.

Frank Gailloreto at Rock River Marine is one of the best boat riggers & Sales in southern WI, I recommend to give Frank a chance when your in market for a boat.

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Some things just go together. Peas and Carrots, Spaghetti and meatballs, Peanut butter and Jelly, Walleyes and Potato’s , Jeff and an Alumacraft peace
    See you on the water waytogo

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Some things just go together. Peas and Carrots, Spaghetti and meatballs, Peanut butter and Jelly, Walleyes and Potato’s , Jeff and an Alumacraft peace
    See you on the water waytogo

Well said my friend!… peace

broadwaybob
    Participant
    Janesville, WI

Frank Gailloreto at Rock River Marine is one of the best boat riggers & Sales in southern WI, I recommend to give Frank a chance when your in market for a boat.

X2 Frank has helped me in the past and I recommend him to anyone I can. He goes above and beyond!
    I went out with him in an Alumacraft Voyaguer tiller and that may be my next boat. Excellent ride in 10-15 mph winds and waves.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’m waiting for pics of the inaugural slim in your new boat. whistling

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Gregg, with the new black rig I carry two big towels. When you come fishing with me one of these times you will know what there for! toast

To all my other river rats the winds were tough Saturday and Easter Sunday on the mighty rock river. But never fear with bait from Dick Smith’s and nuckle ball jigs to rail nice 2 man limit of walleyes both days. Trolling nuckle ball jigs with crawlers or leeches was the ticket. 10 to 12 fow at 1.5 or under was key. Thank u fin-tech tackle, Dick Smith’s Live Bait & Tackle & Rock River Marnie & Motorsports. Boat and electronics worked awesome.

Thursday night walleye league starts this Thursday and the 2nd Rock River Walleye circuit is Saturday both out of the Anchor Inn in Newville. So anglers let the fun begin! woot

NO WAKE on the Rock River System, County Sheriff out all weekend ticketing boaters. Slow down my little rats….lol peace

kv56
    Participant
    Janesville

Nice job old guy applause See u at the weight in.

older guy,
    KV

@ Gregg let me know if you want to go out.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks KV, I have a few hours open to fish just about every day though now that I retired I’m turning into a fair weather angler. I got out 5 straight days at the end of February in my new kayak and haven’t seen a stretch of weather that nice since except for a week in Florida. Better days ahead.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Retire guy could start a little earlier he could have jumped in my boat and got another nice limit like I did Friday. Talked to your dad at Citgo. Nice guy, he was excited to see me.

Partner backed out so not fishing tournament Saturday but will be out fun fishing, Sunday to.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Dang, it was nice early yesterday morning too before the wind kicked in. We did enjoy a nice Buck’s game Thursday night though. If we wouldn’t have gotten back so late I’d have been more willing to get out early. I probably could’ve fished the tourney today but it’s been a couple years since I’ve fished a full 8+ hour day. If your partner backs out again I’d be willing to give it a go, especially once schools out and my wife and kids are home to dog sit. Good luck with the league, using your new boat or partner’s?

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

League we use my partner boat.

Fun fishing Saturday with a.k.a. FedEx Bob we ended with another two man limit. Are best 5 would have weighed around 9.8. 1st place at the Anchor in tourney Saturday weighed in 10.12 & 2nd 8.10 – darn!

kv56
    Participant
    Janesville

Have only got on the rock about times this year. Grinding out a few but not seeing anything over 18. Anybody seeing any bigger fish yet?

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Got a 20.5 for big fish Thursday. 3rd win this year 3 out of 7 not bad. biggest this year was a 23 incher on Mothers day. Friend got a 25 incher yesterday. Big fish r there just to many 15 to 19 fish sucking up your bait first.

kv56
    Participant
    Janesville

Thanks Jeff. Sounds like plenty of big fish coming in a couple years. Will try and keep plugging along. Congrats on the big fish and wins.

Kelly Jordan
    Participant
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Getting hot on the trolling bite for me. pulled 3-ways and clobbered some whities 2 weekends in a row in the river, last weekend pulling boards. My boy is really getting into fishing and has been out with me almost every time ive hit the lake/river. Trying to pass on to him the things others have taught me over the years. Jeff/Greg , learned a ton from these 2, answering my 100 questions waytogo . Good luck out there.

jeff-patrick
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Feeling blessed after railing another limit and a Thursday night win. Back to back to jump right back in the standings. Four wins in eight weeks. Want to thank my partner for another awesome fun night. Thank you partner. Also want to thank Dick Smith Live Bait & Tackle for the awesome live bait and tackle https://www.facebook.com/dicksmithslivebait/. Want to thank Fin-tech tackle for the great jigs https://www.facebook.com/FintechTackle/. Thank you all.

Kelly glad we could help put you on more fish.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Participant
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Jeff, good job with league. Kelly, glad some of my tips helped you out but you were quick to learn. I got 8 walleyes myself between 17-19″ the last time I was out in my kayak then forced to take a break from walleye so I could eat a couple since I was at my possession limit. I used my river break to test out the small local paddle only lakes and got 5 nice largemouth bass on a popper last Wednesday between 17-19″ too. Yesterday it was bluegills as fast as I could keep bait on the hook. Next up smallmouth on the Bark. Variety is the spice of life in a kayak.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.