Rock River & Lake Koshkonong August Fishing Reports

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Walleye bite little slow. Best way to catch walleyes has been trolling the lake. Few Crappies starting to be caught in the river. Water levels low and water temps in the 80’s. Hope water to cool down to get the walleyes and crappies going in the river. If you spend your time on the water and work hard to have fun you can score. Saturday and Sunday I caught keeper walleyes in the lake and nice crappies in the river. Sunday boat traffic at the rock pile was heavy and not playing good. River good move getting away from the mean anglers.

Attachments:
    1. jig-on.jpg

2. crappies.jpg

3. eye.jpg

osprey99
    McHenry,Il

What do you think made the other anglers so mean?

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

That’s some good Angling there Jeff waytogo Only spent about 10 min by rock pile, and headed out, Too much spinning around and cutting off by a certain blue lund. Having a blast tho 1st year back with a new rig, found fish away from pack. woot

Ryan Niess
    Milton

Finally found some fish not over 21″ that I could bring back for the fry pan…no luck in the river so far…assuming that warm weather makes the river a bust. Had to really turn up the speed on the trolling to get into some decent fish…picking through shorts and when it wasn’t a short it was 24 plus…happy to say I have fish in my freezer again

Attachments:
    1. 20160801_192936-1.jpg

2. 2016-08-18-21.06.34.jpg

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Good job Ryan. waytogo Got a couple things that are working myself. Stop by when you have night school. COmpare some notes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.