A Quick Report…Zumbro/Chester

• sbr_it
    Participant

Wife and I made out to Zumbro Saturday night for about 2-3 hours. I had wanted to hit a spot back in Ryan’s Bay in which I had success a few weeks back, but Ryan’s Bay was busy and there was already a boat parked where I wanted to go. Decided to hit one of my favorite shorelines where we were greeted with decent success. Caught plenty of bluegills and a few crappies. Missy caught the largest crappie that measured out to 11″. Also had a few small Smallmouths as well. Everything was caught on a paddletail or minimite about 2-3′ below a float.

Ended up having to boat to myself tonight, so instead of driving all the way across town out to Zumbro, I opted for a short jaunt over to Chesterwoods to see what was going on there. Let me tell you the bluegill population is still strong. The bass and bluegills were up in the shallows and many were caught with the paddletail in junebug/chartruese and black/chartruese colors. The bluegills were for the most part were not very active towards the plastics, but I did manage a good number in the 7-8.5″ class and saw many more around the 8″ mark. As usual I came prepared with the plastics, but I think if one was fishing a bare hook with leech or worm under a float they would have had lights out action. Another good option tonight would have been a fly rod and a few panfish surface options as they along with the bass were working the surface quite heavily.

I sighted a few crappies here and there, but could find any takers.

Hope you all were able to get out and enjoy the weekend.

Andy

hof
    Participant
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the report Andy!

predator2 jr
    Participant
    rochester,mn

thanks for your report i see you did better than i did saturday i was just fishing with crawlers and minnows with some succes on the bass i think the biggest one we caught was about 12 inches on a minnow but atleast the boys had a good time

bill_cadwell
    Participant
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report Andy. Once those weeds start growing it should be wild [great fishin] out there.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.