Tuesday Night Weekly Lake Zumbro Bass Tournament

• eronningen
    Rochester, MN

ya, gonna give it a rip.
    We’ll be out next week to give it a whirl out there too. We proved the money curse terribly wrong. You can win many weeks in a row if you choose to.

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

thanks for breaking the curse and thanks for your encouragment and word of good luck to you fishing the bfl. Gotta bring your a game that day. post up and let me know how you did. wish ya the best ike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ike, its days like that that will hopefully keep Eric humble. Whoever took last place is lucky I didn’t fish as I would of gave him a hard run for that last place spot. I haven’t bass fished on Zumbro since Nate was little. And I didn’t do much of that either as we chased crappies and whitebass as you catch alot more which is great for a little guy and the old man too.

Eric, good luck at the BFL Tourney. Go get em!
    Thanks, Bill

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Lake Zumbro in general keeps me humble. If one day your thinking your pretty hot, go down there and give it a rip. It can be a hard place to be consistent.
    I’ll tell how I did in the BFL. If not good I’ll list all the excuses.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I’ll tell how I did in the BFL. If not good I’ll list all the excuses. [end of quote]

Personally I’d rather hear how ”good” you did.
    Thanks, Bill

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Ike, I did fair in the BFL. Cashed a check. 18th place. Figured on doing better but the high skys pushed the largies away this time.
    Another tues. night regular, Tim Domaille got 17th.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats guys. I posted the standings on the bass forum for everyone to see. Erics been on a roll this year.
    Thanks, Bill

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I should also note that Larry Carlson, an occasional Tues. nighter from Rochester took the win. He is also a lurker here. Congrats Larry.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats Larry. Anybody care to share how they caught their fish and on what structure? Not looking for location, just techniques on what kind of structure.
    Thanks, Bill

mikem
    SE Minnesota

Congrats. to Jim.10th on the Co-Angler side.Way to keep your head up.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

ya, Jim K. is Jimmer from Tues. night. Even a blind chicken finds some corn.
    Larry “said” he was fishing slop. I got most of my fish fishing rocky banks with a fluke.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats Jim. Poor guy, he sure gets picked on. If he only knew.
    Thanks, Bill

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

He deserves to get picked on!!! A guy with his luck should be playing the lottery on a regular basis. Of course his friends have taught him everything he knows!!

ikeslayer

hey E ron never got the chance to say way to go big guy. hopefully i can get the details from you tonight at the tourney but hey that is a job nicely done. You don’t place 18th in a tournament like that by just luck. Way to have you ducks in a row. i feel priviledged just knowing someone that placed in a tourney that big. nicely done

C u tonight ike

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

8-23-05 Tuesday night tournament.

1st Jay Hodge and Nick Bowlus Just a hair over 6#
    2nd Vern Markham and partner 5-9
    3rd Eric R. and Jim K 5-6

Big bass was a tie with 3-9 being the big was. Some one will have to correct me if wrong but I believe Nate Cadwell and partner had a 3-9 as well as someone else.

Tonight was slow again. 6# to win for 5 fish isn’t the normal after many many years fishing out there. But this summer has proved to be some tough nights. I still believe things will turn around and we’ll have some nice weights and some big bass brought to the scales, especially in two weeks when it goes to Sunday mornings.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Eric. You know these guys alot better than I do, so you knowing who finished where seems to be natural for you and is much appreciated for you posting the top 3 teams. Everyone seems to have alot of fun and they all are a great bunch of guys. Fun shooting these breeze afterwards with them. Fun tourney anyone who wants to show up and fish on Tuesday nights at Fishermans Inn.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Was out at Lake Zumbro Tuesday night putting some time in on a new kicker motor and drove past Nate and Todd and asked them if they had any fish yet and Nate showed us this fish. Eric said it weighed 3.9 pounds. A very nice fat smallie. [sorry about the poor quality of pic as I was facing the wrong way for sunlight and not up close enough] Some of the guys said this fall more big fish will show up.

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

hey guys actually we just missed big fish our smallie weighed in at 3lbs 8oz and big fish was a nice largmouth at 3lbs 9oz
    so we just missed her by an ounce
    ohwell theres always next week

I would also like to thank the guys who put these fun tourneys on there a blast even for us walleye guys I know we will make as many as we can there to much fun not to be there. Now if we could just figure out how to catch those dang things we would be doing alright.
    thank again guys

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Who is the guy you fish with?

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Todd Peterson from Redwing Mn

tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

Looking forward to my first Zumbro bass tourney tonight. Its tough to concentrate at work. Looking forward to meeting everybody on this thread. I’ll be sure to be there early and introduce myself. Looking forward to it. Any pointers for a newbee. I’m new to Rochester and only fished the Zumbro twice. I’ve yet to boat a largemouth on the Zum, but I’ve never targeted them either. Hit some nice smallies last time out, but that could have been a fluke.

I’m guessing white bass don’t count towards the 5 fish limit. Is there truth to this? Just smallies and largies? Is there a minimum size?(I heard 12″ minimum lenght)
    I’m also guessing that the $20 does not cover the boat landing fee… is this correct?

Looking forward to getting a line wet tonight and meeting some IDA folks.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Good luck Tyler (with only fishing the lake twice, you may need it….there’s some darn good sticks that fish those waters ). My suggestion would be to find that deeper wood and hit it with worms and jigs (but that’s just me, and I haven’t fished out there since June )

5 fish limit…..no, white bass don’t count

12″ minimum

I think the launch fee is waived for the tuesday nighters

tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

Thanks Jake. I will likely give your suggestion a try.

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

Actually Jake , this year the owner of fishermans Inn cracked down , there is a fee, I think 3 or 4 bucks.
    See ya there Tyler.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Guess I’m outta the loop

So you gonna stick a piggy or two tonight Brad

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

Jake,Jake,Jake.
    Maybe if miracles really do happen.
    I’ve had A terrable year out there. I havent caught one over
    three lbs. all year. I ended up second at 1 tournament.Thats it ,I’m jinxed.
    Wiggle your magic wand and throw some picky dust my way for tonight will ya?

Later Brad

ikeslayer

Your first mistake brad was buying that new skeeter. Your second is that you should bring someone else with you in your boat and just hope that they are lucky. c u tonight ike

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

So true it hurts ike, so true!!

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

8/30/05 Tues. night results

1st Vern Markham and partner 8#
    2nd Ikeslayer nad partner 6# I’m bad with names.
    3rd and BB Matt Pretzer not sure on weight but had a 3.5# for BB.

We had 14 boats I think tonight. So it was a good turn out. In my opinion it still seems to be extra tough out there. I heard the winning bait was tubes fished slow.

REMEMBER EVERYONE, from what I understand it goes to Sunday mornings now. This coming Sunday will be the next one. 7-11 am. Same palce. From past experience I think you’ll see some better fishing then. I probably won’t make many sunday mornings as I’ll be down at the river as usual on the weekends. But maybe one here or there.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats guys.

Thanks Eric. The interest has picked up as more people fishing it. How good is the turnout for the tournys on Sunday am?

Thanks, Bill

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.