Rippin Raps for open water panfish

• KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

Anyone have much luck with the #3 and #4 Rippin Raps for open water panfish?

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Summertime Crappies

I think this is more of a slab rap show, but I’ve seen them use the rippn rap also. Of course, they get paid for using them. I’m going to add a few to the arsenal this summer

Looks like the link didn’t work – sorry. It was a “Summertime Crappie” show on Angling Edge.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve done well with #3’s beneath a float

KwickStick

Appreciate the replies. I was out last week and I had a #4 Rippin Rap on my 8 1/2′ light/moderate spinning rod with very light braid. I could throw that little Rippin Rap a mile and feel every vibration all the way back. I was thinking what a hoot it would be to get into some nice crappies or perch with the setup.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I didn’t use a ripping rap but used a Zipper (similar lipless style bait) and caught a handful of smaller perch and a nice pike. It was a hoot and I plan on trying it a little more this year.

tim hurley

RR under a flaot, that’s a new one-Tell me more Randy.

KwickStick

If crappies hit one jiggling in an ice hole I don’t know why they wouldn’t hit one jiggling under a float.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It’s all about keeping it in a strike zone. If crappies are suspended 12’ down in 30 fow, set for 14’ and send it. Also works good for around timber

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

I think this is more of a slab rap show, but I’ve seen them use the rippn rap also. Of course, they get paid for using them. I’m going to add a few to the arsenal this summer

Looks like the link didn’t work – sorry. It was a “Summertime Crappie” show on Angling Edge.
    [/quote]

Dirk-w did you really think IDO would allow another show posted on their site? rotflol

As for Rippin Raps for panfish-YES! Caught black and white crappies on Mississippi backwater with blue #5 over the side of the boat in 15fow waytogo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.