Rio Bismuth, can't find it this year

• Reef W

The load I’ve been using for the last two years is the Rio Bismuth 12ga, 3in, #4, 1 1/4oz. Cabelas used to carry it and I’ve also ordered it from Natchez before. This year Cabelas doesn’t list that model, only the 1 5/8oz version, and Natchez has been out of stock on for a long time. Google isn’t helping me out so maybe there isn’t any being imported this year for some reason but I wondering if anybody had any other ideas of where to check or if you’ve seen Rio bismuth in any local stores.

Reef W

I was looking so specifically for Rio that I didn’t notice Kent was selling Bismuth this year. Everywhere has that in stock and they have a comparable load so I guess I’ll switch to that!

404 ERROR
    MN

I bought a box of the Kent Bismuth late last season. Used it for a few shots and I was impressed. I am a huge Kent fan, it is all I use for Waterfowl.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I used to be very impressed with Kent myself, but 3 and 4 years ago I bought a case of 3.5″ BB shot for our annual Canada trip. Had at least one misfires per box, most boxes were 2-3. Thought it was just a fluke the first year so I bought them again the next year, same thing. The primer would have a dent, but the shell did not fire, not even the primer. We had 2 others in our party with the same issue. Haven’t bought a Kent shell since. Really too bad, cause I loved the performance of those shells when they went off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.