Rigging 2017 185 Competitor Sport

• Shane L Roberts
    Participant

Hello,

I recently bought a 2017 Alumacraft 185 Competitor Sport. The boat came with 2 Lowrance HDS network units. I want to remove the Lowrance junk and add my two Solix off my old boat. So far I’ve remove the drivrside race way, but I’m a little hesitant to start tearing off floor panels. I can’t find anything on the internet showing how to removed them. I assume taking then off is easy, but I’m worry about getting them back together. I’ve reached out to Alumacraft for a wiring diagram and they are no help. I saw on a Lund post and they recommended using an impact drill, to help not stripping screw heads.

My Solix’s take so much more power, than the Lowrance units. So I want to add an independent Blue sea fuse box just for my Humminbirds under the dash. The birds require a clean power supply and I want to avoid interference issues. Anyone have any advice running wire and removing floor panels?

It looks like I’m also going to have to remove some front panels to set up my new Terrova Link trolling motor. Also where are people mounting their 5 port hubs?

Any pictures and advice you can share, would be much appreciated.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

You shouldnt need to remove any panels to pull out the old wiring. I have 2 units at my console and one at the bow and ran a fishing wire through first then attached the cables and pulled through. You should be able to easily run wires to the rear through the rod lockers. I ran my wires through the gunnel storage since I have the top gunnel compartments. Get under the console and shove a fishing wire through where the cables run to the back. May take a few tries but dont remove any panels that will be a nightmare I think.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.