Riding Mower buying

• CC

Guys with experience, care to share your input on what to purchased. Make, model, most reliable for someone new. Thanks

Dan
    Southeast MN

I can’t remember the title of the thread, which would help big time because that makes searching much easier, but this was discussed in the past month or two.

What are you thinking and how much area do you have? I bought a zero-turn a few months ago and I like it. Some websites that sell a lot of them, such as Home Depot, have ways of breaking down the different criteria to help narrow your choices. This includes acreage, hills, obstacles, comfort features, etc.

tominblaine

I can’t remember the name of the website Lawn mower guy or something like that, I was looking for reviews on 2 particular models rider and self propelled on 2 seperate occasions, the reviews were info packed, with suggestions regarding lawn size etc, and it was easy to make a decision, I bought both after reading the reviews, the first was a Honda Harmony in 2015, just replaced the blades this year, the next was a Sears craftsman v twin 22 horse 42″ deck 2017, I love both of these machines maintain them well and I don’t expect to replace either in my life time. Oh on the rider I got the one where you press the pedal down to go and regulate your speed, not the release the pedal to go. 1 additional note, I only use true NON oxy unleaded premium with a dose of stabil in all my toys and they all start 1st or 2nd pull.

Tom in Blaine

Doug M
    SE SD

I bought new this spring. Went from John Deere lawn tractor with 48″ deck to zero turn with 62″ deck. Cut mowing time from a good 2.5 hours to almost 1.25 hours. Love the zero turn!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Ditto previous report. Cut my mowing time from 2.5 hours with a tractor/50 inch deck to 1.25 hours with a zero turn/52 inch deck, for two acres of mowing.

Mike West

Picking up a new Toro 52″ Zero turn in about 2-3 hours. Look forward to putting it to work.
    Did as much homework as I could and think I did pretty good for the quality and price compared to a couple other top brands I considered. JD was one but there inventory is very limited around me.
    If it stays dry, I hope to get acquainted with it this afternoon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.