Rewire

• Red Eye
    Participant

I am rewiring 2-helix 12s in my tiller boat. Trying to get clearer SI with cleaner power. Going to run both to a dedicated battery for the graphs only. Planning on running 10ga wire with an in line fuse. Question is should I have 2 runs? One for each graph? Or one run of wire powering both?

isu22andy
    Participant

Curious to the answers here – I ran 2 graphs to a dedicated fuse box controlled by a switch . 10 gauge wire from the cranking battery – def dont have the super clear images you see online. I can see fish , but its def not as good as advertised.

Karry Kyllo
    Participant

According to specs, 10 gauge wire should be more than adequate for putting both graphs on one run.
    You’re only drawing 3.5 amps for both graphs and 10 gauge wire should be good for a 50 foot run drawing 5 amps.

Karry Kyllo
    Participant

Curious to the answers here – I ran 2 graphs to a dedicated fuse box controlled by a switch . 10 gauge wire from the cranking battery – def dont have the super clear images you see online. I can see fish , but its def not as good as advertised.

Do you have interference or what do you think you’re seeing? Do you have ferrite chokes on your power cables running into each graph? Chokes will help some times.

isu22andy
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>isu22andy wrote:</div>

Do you have interference or what do you think you’re seeing? Do you have ferrite chokes on your power cables running into each graph? Chokes will help some times.

I’m not really sure what I’m seeing – just using the stock HB cords wired right to the fuse block . It works – but honestly compared to a HB 1199 I think the fish pop better on the 1199 vs the helix 10 g4n . I need to check transducer level again .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.