Reports on the backwaters

• Luke Addington

Happy new year! Just wanted to see how everyone is doing on the backwaters so far this ice season. I have had limited success, with some good gills and decent perch, with the occasional LM and northern. Lots of drilling and walking to find the fish. I normally fish pool 4/5, the ice has been quite variable, but not too bad with a spud bar and some common sense. I hope this ice season treats everyone well and hope to hear some good reports!

Attachments:
    1. Snapchat-18634518771.jpg

2. Snapchat-18933400391.jpg

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Getting few decent gills,crappie,and small bass on pool 10.Ice good but getting slushy today.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

nice! we just got back today and it was on fire. fishing a cut in P5 today. it is a pretty shallow cut so kept the drilling to a minimum to minimize noise. it started pretty slow from 9 to noon and then it was non stop from about 1 to 3 after a quick move to 7 feet of water.
    95% gills with a few perch mixed in but they were some bigguns. i wish the rest of my trips go this well but going to be tough to top today for numbers of quality fish anyway. you know its a good day when you fish most of the day and drill 4 holes! i wish i had pictures to share but did not have time really and all are still swimming, most with sore lips.

kenallt

Nice to see people on some fish! I’ve been doing decent on pool 4 and some backwaters off the Chippewa. All perch so far no crappies or gills.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.