Replacement windshield

• skunkboy
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I have a 2005 165 Navigator with single console (CS). The windshield has broken and apparently Alumacraft quit making them and they don’t have any in reserve…baffles my mind. Where can I get a replacement…new or used?

Thanks for the help…Ken

deertracker

Was it the frame or just the glass?
    DT

deertracker

Or is it a bubble? When you said windshield I was thinking it was glass.
    DT

skunkboy
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Oh yeah, sorry. It is the bubble type. That’s another annoying thing, they don’t make the walk through windshield configuration for this boat…I tried to get it.

I hope you have some good news for me DT…thanks.

L8R…Ken

CaptainMusky

Alumacraft does not sell “parts” to turn your boat into something it didn’t come from the factory as. So to turn your boat into a full windshield boat, you are not going to be able to get those pieces from them, only from a wrecking yard or something. I did see a guy who removed a console and the full windshield from his Alumacraft (I think it was a Dominator) and he was selling the passenger console and windshield for it. $1000. I don’t think this would work in your boat even if you wanted though.
    Regarding the bubble windshield you had, that was that curved plastic right? That went on with those spring loaded clips?

skunkboy
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know about the walk through…they said they did not make that option on the Navigator. If they did, they would require that they mount it on the boat. But since they didn’t offer that option therefore the parts are not available…it is a moot point. I am not pursuing this option.

You are correct about the bubble windshield…molded plastic and spring clips. That is what I am trying to replace. I am using the half that is still attached.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Ken, I have a friend that had one made by an aftermarket company. I believe he used the company in the link below. He’s on vacation now so I will double check with him when he get’s back. You can check out the link in the mean time. Good luck!

Boat Windshields

CaptainMusky

That’s another annoying thing, they don’t make the walk through windshield configuration for this boat…I tried to get it.

Actually they did because my buddy owned that exact boat. Just sold it this Spring. 2005 Navigator 165 Sport. Full walk-thru windshield. I understand the liability concerns they might have for selling some of these components to customers, but some of us just want to make OUR boat just like we want it rather than trying to find that boat available for sale somewhere.
    Good luck on your search for the bubble, hopefully the link hunting4walleyes provided will help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.