Removing stipple grip

• dave-t
    Mac-Groveland, St. Paul

So I got a new carry pistol, a FN 509 compact. I absolutely love this as a carry gun but have one complaint. The stippling on the handle that sets against my back. I know there are different carry options for holsters and locations to carry but I’ve carried in the same location on my right backside for over a decade. Has anyone ever removed stippling from a polymer frame? Or have experience with a gunsmith doing this? I’m not against sending to a gunsmith that knows how to do it but would like to know if anyone has had this done before and where.

tornadochaser

Get a neoprene backer for your holster, or slip a piece of rubber over the grip (bicycle tire tube)

404 ERROR
    MN

A Dremel with a drum sander works well to smooth it out some. Did it on a G4 19 while it was undercut and re-stippled smoother. I can upload a picture tonight.

404 ERROR
    MN

Here’s what I mean.

Attachments:
    1. image-1.jpg

dave-t
    Mac-Groveland, St. Paul

I have a set of talon grips on the way till I decide what I’m going to do. Merica eagle were you able to get it sanded evenly before you restippled it?

404 ERROR
    MN

Yes. Go slow and keep it as even as possible. It’s VERY time consuming but still very comfortable to hold and carry appendix. It still has some bite to keep it in your hand while in use as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.