Remote border pass.

• Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Canadian border officer called me today to inform me the the RB pass program is on hold and no applications’ will be processed. He offered to send it back or keep it and process when the border opens. I decided to wait, he asked for my email and said he would keep me up to date. I was impressed with his genuine concern to get me a pass asap when able. He said crossing over on water was a no go till they open up. June 21st at the earliest but subject to change.

I also asked if I could get a refund for my season fishing license, he said I. would need to do that via the province as he was federal. I. plan on waiting on that for my July trip.

Also Minnesota guides can go back to work May 18th.

Wayne

welliou

you no longer need a RB pass to fish Ontario water if crossing by boat, as long as you don’t touch land. they still issue them for cabin owners. that changed last year. I am not suggesting you can cross now but when the ban is lifted. I confirmed that last year with the officials at Thunderbay.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

you no longer need a RB pass to fish Ontario water if crossing by boat, as long as you don’t touch land. they still issue them for cabin owners. that changed last year. I am not suggesting you can cross now but when the ban is lifted. I confirmed that last year with the officials at Thunderbay.

I’m. aware of the change, I fish with the wife on one trip and she needs to step on shore to relieve herself. Not legal without pass.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.