Remi’s Surgery Today

• Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

My sweet Remi has a questionable bump on his ear that the vet recommends removing, so he’s going in for surgery today. He was not happy about having to skip breakfast this morning. The bump is about the size of a blueberry, and he will lose a little bit of his ear, depending on how much tissue they need to remove. I may have cried a little when I dropped him off. 😔🙏🐶💕

I remember when my other GSP Fritz had a partially torn ACL and needed surgery (both times!) and I cried leaving him at the vet too. I’m trying not to overly-worry, I think it’s just more I don’t like having to leave them there. Especially my poor little Remi, he must remember his neutering surgery back in 2015 because it’s a struggle to get him in the door to the vet office!

Attachments:
    1. Remi.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Good luck Remi! All of Ido is here for you!

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Good luck Remi! My son’s Husky has a lump too that recently (about a month ago) formed. We were thinking it was due to excessive scratching (hematoma) but he hasnt had it checked yet. Keep us updated as to what it is, but I will have my son take his dog in to get checked out now for sure. It doesnt seem to bother him and hasnt grown in size.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Good luck to Remi!

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

good luck to Remi…and you too Sharon. yea its stinks to drop off your pooch and leave.

when i dropped shadow off to get his manhood removed, they told me to come get him at a certain time.

i got a call about 3 hours before that time arrived telling me to come get my dog!!! he wasnt a happy camper there and was being pretty disruptive!!!! rotflol

Remi will be fine!!!!!!

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Thanks everyone for all your support and replies! Remi is out of surgery and doing well!! 😊💕🙏

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Good to hear he is doing well.
    It always bother me when i have to leave the pooch there also.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Thanks everyone for all your support and replies! Remi is out of surgery and doing well!! 😊💕🙏

waytogo waytogo

MX1825
    Participant

Glad he’s fine Sharon. Get well fast Remi!
    Now make sure he gets his breakfast AND dinner. whistling

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Remi is home from his ear surgery! He’s a bit groggy and his ear looks so sore, but he’s doing well. Now I just need to keep him from shaking his head too much (the outer edge of the ear can be very bloody). We sat outside for a few minutes with Fritz and then came in to rest. He must be happy to be home… he’s snoring like an old man after 5 min of resting on the couch with me. Let the healing begin! 🥰🙏💕

Attachments:
    1. 20220519_102816-scaled.jpg

2. 20220519_100842-scaled.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Glad to hear everything is ok Sharon.

AnotherFisherman
    Participant

Great excuse to stay at home and snuggle with two of your favorites… Glad he’s out and doing well!

Iowaboy1
    Participant

I was really hesitant to open this thread,whew!!!
    Glad it was better than I thought it was going to be!!
    Hugs to owner,200 scratches and hugs for Fritz and Remi!!!

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Good to hear he is doing well.I’m sure nurse Sharon is on duty.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Sharon did they say what the lump was or do they have to have it tested?

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Sharon did they say what the lump was or do they have to have it tested?

They determined it was a histiocytoma and came off cleanly, which is good! Histiocytomas are generally non-cancerous growths so no testing needed. If it was a mast cell tumor, then yes I would like have done the biopsy.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

OK Thank you. I am going to encourage my son to get his dog checked for the lump he has. It hasnt grown in a while so hopefully its harmless.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

OK Thank you. I am going to encourage my son to get his dog checked for the lump he has. It hasnt grown in a while so hopefully its harmless.

I’ll send you a PM!

cbeeksma
    Participant
    Delta, WI

I hope everything goes well for your puppy….and you

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Healing is going well and he’s taking his meds excitedly with the stinky pill pocket treats my folks picked up for him (thank you!!). He’s tried to scratch at his ear a few times but luckily he’s easily distracted by play, toys, and snuggles! 🤗

Attachments:
    1. 20220521_083249-scaled.jpg

Pat K
    Participant
    Empire, MN

Glad to hear he’s doing well. Thankfully pets usually seem to heal fast.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Well… Remi managed to scratch out a couple sutures this morning and the bleeding looked so terrible! 😢
    After my initial panic I got him cleaned up and the vet said as long as the bleeding doesn’t increase he might not need new sutures. Luckily he’s been healing well with minimal bleeding for the area. Hopefully he continues to heal from this little set back.
    He’s resting comfortably now. In a rush I grabbed a bandana to help keep the blood from splattering and I was totally aiming for the camo bandana…. Remi ended up with pink and doesn’t seem too enthused. 😅🤭🙏💕

Attachments:
    1. 20220523_083826-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

Remi had his checkup and suture removal today from his ear surgery and he’s healing well!! 🥰🐶🤗

Attachments:
    1. 20220601_173028-scaled.jpg

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.