Remington Accutip Sabot Slugs

• slabz
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Deer gun season in Minnesota is less than 2 months away and I am starting to sweat bullets…for the past year and change I have been unable to find any Remington Accutips in 20 gauge 2 3/4″. I am down to 6 slugs between the wife and I. We both shoot a Savage 220 and our guns shoot the Accutips better than anything else I’ve tried. Any one happen to have an good leads into finding some?? Thanks!!

Reef W
    Participant

for the past year and change

2020 was when they declared bankruptcy and then at end of year were bought by Vista who owns Federal. I remember reading something awhile ago that the Remington plant was quite a mess at the time Vista bought them. Might want to send an email to them and see if they are actually being produced or not, you might be waiting for something that isn’t going to come any time soon.

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

I have been keeping my eyes open for them for about the last 12 months for another friend on this site and have not seen them in 20 gauge yet. I have found them in 12 gauge once or twice local to the Twin Cities.

maddogg
    Participant

Wow $5 apiece.They must come with a guarantee.

Krh129
    Participant

I did not look very hard because I shoot the Winchester 20ga pumpkin balls, but the General Store/ Guns Galore in Osakis had a pretty good selection of slugs including 20 gauge.

If per chance they have them and you have no need to go otherwise, my land is near by and I can grab them for them for you if you are in the Twin Cities.

slabz
    Participant

I did not look very hard because I shoot the Winchester 20ga pumpkin balls, but the General Store/ Guns Galore in Osakis had a pretty good selection of slugs including 20 gauge.

If per chance they have them and you have no need to go otherwise, my land is near by and I can grab them for them for you if you are in the Twin Cities.

I will give them a call tomorrow, I’m only about an hour from osakis. Thanks for the info!

slabz
    Participant

Brian G-
    I went to the link but it appears I can’t buy direct from them. Says something like contact your local ammo dealer for availability. I did email them to see what the status is on them though..

steve-o
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

I was in the same boat with the Remington Accutips. When I first bought my Savage 220 (absolutely love that gun) I bought both the Accutips and Federals Trophy Sabot Slugs. Savage recommended both brands for that gun. I patterned both and decided to go with the Accutips. After going through my supply I swithced over to the Federals for the last few years. I couldn’t find either slug the last few years but found some Federals this summer. After patterning the Federal Sabot I had to adjust my sights a little but still had very nice groupings and 50 and 100 yards. Give the Federals a try I think they’ll work for you.

Gerty
    Participant

I also bought them directly from Remington about 2 months ago. You are correct, they are not cheap!

pass0047
    Participant
    Pool4

Looked foe fedral trophy all last season and did not find any. Just found some 3 weeks ago at scheels in eau Claire. No mn had any but this store in Wisconsin where slugs are not used often had over 100 boxes. These shell shot the best out if the 2 220s I have but yes expensive.

Coletrain27
    Participant

I use to shoot them accu tips also and I found the hornady sst slugs with the red tip were just as accurate for me

slabz
    Participant

I use to shoot them accu tips also and I found the hornady sst slugs with the red tip were just as accurate for me

I’ve tried them through my gun and it seemed like 3 or 4 slugs out of 5 would be perfect and the others would be flyers. I bet I burned through 5 or 6 boxes trying to sight it in before I said heck with these things.

Coletrain27
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

I’ve tried them through my gun and it seemed like 3 or 4 slugs out of 5 would be perfect and the others would be flyers. I bet I burned through 5 or 6 boxes trying to sight it in before I said heck with these things.

dang that sucks. i was using them in a 11-87 and not a 220

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Shop the WI sporting good stores and the smaller WI ma and pa shops for slugs. The local demand is a fraction of what it is in MN with rifle options being legal.

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

Found some 20 gauge 3” accutips at Scheels in Eden Prairie over the weekend if anyone is still looking. $25 per box and surprisingly had about 100 boxes on the shelf.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.