Redwing Dam nearest public access?

• mr. pike
    Participant

I’d like to try for some Flatheads below the Redwing dam. I’ve never fished here before. Where is a good place to land the boat that has 24hr. access?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s not public, but Everts Resort is within 2 miles of the dam and it’s the closest.

For 7 bucks you can leave your rig and have very little to worry about. Good up to date fishing info as well. There’s other places to fish besides the dam. Check in with Steve or Kari.

I’ve been leaving my rig there for 7 years and never thought about vandalism while out until the wee hours of the morning.

There is the DNR ramp in the WI back channel that’s free…and you get what you pay for.

mr. pike
    Participant

It’s not public, but Everts Resort is within 2 miles of the dam and it’s the closest.

For 7 bucks you can leave your rig and have very little to worry about. Good up to date fishing info as well. There’s other places to fish besides the dam. Check in with Steve or Kari.

I’ve been leaving my rig there for 7 years and never thought about vandalism while out until the wee hours of the morning.

There is the DNR ramp in the WI back channel that’s free…and you get what you pay for.

Thanks Brian I’ll check it out!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

FYI- I was just notified that Everts ramp fees have been reduced to $5.00 until August 15th 2014.

Here’s the note:

$5 launch
    Crawlers 2 dozen for $5
    Waynes glow eyed jigs 2 for $5
    Bfish plastics 2 for $5
    Pop buy 2 get a Everts Resort Koozie FREE

Runs thru Aug 15th 2014

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.