Any Info for a newb?

• superstud1331
    Participant

My fiance and myself were moving into the area within the next couple months and was wanting to know how the fishing is here and Lake Rathbun are. We fish for about anything and everything. We were interested in the lake themselves more-so than the tailwaters. Thanks in advance.

Doug Bonwell
    Participant
    Cedar Falls IA

Welcome to IDO! This weekend Rathbun will be holding a Walleye and a Crappie tournament. This should let you know that the Lake has a lot of potential. Check with the bait stores for information also. ps. Welcome to the Great State of Iowa also. Doug

BigZamer
    Participant

Rathbun has been very good in June and July. Drag crankbaits along drops and points. Red Rock is very good for white bass and wipers. The north shore from the marina to Roberts Creek is a good place to start. Medium diving cranks in chrome or white will catch you fish. I try and troll about 3 mph. Hang on if you get a good one, they can pull the pole right out of your hand if you are not paying attention. Welcome to Iowa!

superstud1331
    Participant

Well thanks for the feedback guys. We found a place in Pella and going to be moving within next couple weeks. Any thoughts of where we should go when we get there? We’ll be bank fishing for awhile so the river would not be out of the question at all. Again thanks for the feedback and kindness! Everyone seems to be really nice so far, I hope it continues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.