Early Fall report

• landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Well I thought I give you all a report on the Red River since the big event awhile back. Fishing has remained somewhat slow but big fish are still being taken. The biggest latly was 24lbs and it was taken out of a deep hole. Fish should improve over the next month then slow until water temps hit the 50 mark. Then the Walleye bite should be on until freeze up. I will be posting more fall reports it the river stays high enough to get on her.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

The fall bite is just starting. The bite is starting to turn to fresh suckers and the one about3 to 4″ seem to work the best right now. Was out yesterday with a party of two and we managed eleven cats with the biggest hitting 15 pounds. It was his first catfish and the biggest fish he has ever caught and he had a blast. we ended the day with 4 ove ten pounds and the rest under. Many boats couldn’t buy a fish but they seen to come out of the runs along the snags in the heavy current. If you want to call it heavy. You depending on what line you use you might be able to use 1 oz to hold the bottom. The current is so slow right now the slightest breeze will turn the boat.

Well more reports to follow just check back.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.