July Bite

• landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Well, the water is back within the banks and I have been able to fish. Not good results but fun get being able to get back on the river. We fished four hours tonight and were able to land on cat abouyt 8 to 9 lbs about 28″. Very healthy looking fish. Just can’t figure out these cats when they are coming out of spawn. I’m sure better reports will be coming soon.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

We fished the river very hard over that last five days and the time on the water proved itself. Catching fish ment you just had to keep moving and find the active fish. Didn’t really have that much luck in the holes but the runs and cuts in the current along the flats seemed to spit out a few fish. Another place that held fish were the back sides of snags right along the current edge. This is where the active fish were. Our biggest over the weekend was a 27 lber, we also had a 21,22,25,26 lber to top that off. It was a great weekend on the river and I can’t wait to hit it again. Talk about hitting it at the right time. We were filming a show for the sportsman channel and both guys caught their biggest channel ever.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Fishing is just getting better and better again this time of year. Was out yesterday and got three over 20 witht he biggest at 23 poiunds. All three big fish were caught in heavey current in the center portion of the river between snags. Every cat toke the bait and ran back towards the snags so we really had to get on the fish to keep them out of the snags. Will keep you posted on how the laste Aug biat goes, and then into the fall.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Fresh cut white suckers still seem to be the bait of choice. Fish are still holding to structure so fish the current edges of the snags and current breaks. Start looking for frogs as they will soon be on the move and the channel cats will start feeding heavy. Early morning bite from 5:30 to 9am and again from 6 til dark still seem the best bet for you bigger fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.