Red Door Webcam

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hmmm…?? I have been standing in that exact spot in the summer and it is about one foot deep.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Whatever it is, it’s not coming out easily! smash

-J.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

If you look close you can see that 29 incher swimming around that I’m going to catch Feb 16th. waytogo

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like the cones are up now and that access closed off. Thought they used to access the lake just down the shoreline near the main dock? Im sure it wont take long for that to freeze up again.

wayin

Wish they would reset the time lapse.

munchy
    NULL

Wish they would reset the time lapse.

I was thinking the same thing.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thought they used to access the lake just down the shoreline near the main dock? Im sure it wont take long for that to freeze up again.

Mike, the access is right where the main dock would be. That crack is just beyond where the kid with the water wings is standing.

Attachments:
    1. 20170727_145759.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Got distracted. Did anyone see what it was they pulled out?

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike W wrote:</div>
    Thought they used to access the lake just down the shoreline near the main dock? Im sure it wont take long for that to freeze up again.

Mike, the access is right where the main dock would be. That crack is just beyond where the kid with the water wings is standing.

You are right. At first glance I was thinking the camera was looking out the harbor.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

You are right. At first glance I was thinking the camera was looking out the harbor.

Well…and you are right too. During open water the camera is showing the harbor, they move it to the access once the lake freezes.

Got distracted. Did anyone see what it was they pulled out?

-J.

The only thing I saw was it looked like they pulled the bridge back. Maybe part of the bridge dropped as now you can see what clearly looks like a wet crack. The big ice sheet is contracting.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I think you are right on the bridge. This is what looks to be what they were tugging on. (Circled in Red.) The shore side of the bridge must have gone under.

-J.

Attachments:
    1. reddoor.jpg

Jeff

Just booked a fish house a little while ago at Red Door and the lady said some genius pulled his wheelhouse out and took the bridge with him. Apparently he ruined the access for now so if you were planning on going out of there, it may be a while, it’s officially closed.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the note. Mystery solved! wave

-J.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I am almost 100% sure that Red Door was not allowing wheelhouses out yet, so possibly the “genius” tried to sneak out under cover of darkness. I’m sure the resort is just… flame flame

It looks though now like they have a detour to get back out there, but if the bridge is damaged and needs repair or replacement…this could set them back.

Jeff

Hit that one right on the head. I think her exact quote was “I guess some people just can’t afford 10$ after spending that much on a wheel house”

Tommy

Would they be allowing SxS’s out by the 26th? I planned on going out of there, but everywhere they mention ATVs and Sleds, but not SxS’s. Might be included in ATV, but I’m not sure.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Looking at the webcam this morning it looks like they have positioned a plow and one of their trucks so that another “genius” doesn’t attempt to sneak another wheelhouse out in the dark of night. doah

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.