Read This Before Buying !

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Most adds here are legitimate. Some are scams. Posters with new accounts or low post counts should be viewed with a cautious eye. Payments made online through sites that do not offer fraud protection should be avoided.

If you see an add that you think is a scam, send a mod a PM or reply here.

-J.

Gino
    Participant
    Grand rapids mn

Speaking of this how do you typically make a transaction here . I wanted to buy some things here but do not really know what is typically done .

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Adds here are free. Transactions are between buyer and seller. Same as buying something off Craigslist or Facebook. Buyer beware.

-J.

deertracker
    Participant

Speaking of this how do you typically make a transaction here . I wanted to buy some things here but do not really know what is typically done .

If it’s a member with a high post count and is an “established” member, I’ve allowed checks to be mailed to me. Otherwise Venmo or PayPal.
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Posters with new accounts or low post counts should be viewed with a cautious eye.

In all the years I’ve been on here, I’ve only ran into a couple bad apples. Both as buyer and seller. In each case, it was with a “new” member. Like DT said “high post count and is an “established” member” I’ve never had an issue.

marcolson13
    Participant
    NULL

The one and only way someone pay… PayPal goods and services. Venmo is free but offers no real protection to the seller. PayPal friends and family is free but again, offers no real protection to the seller.

*there is a small”ish” fee associated with PayPal goods and services for the seller, but I have always built that into the price or take the 3 or so percent hit for the safety of the transaction.

iceager01
    Participant
    Redwood County/Scott County

I’m not a high post member of this site but I do offer suggestions at times, I have also learned from the members of this site and I am very appreciative of that knowledge shared that has come in handy at various times…,I also sell items and generally choose to not use any pay system(?) nor mail items, rather I choose to meet an interested party at a public location in person (when possible) so that they can see the item I have posted for sale. The last thing I would do is attempt to rip someone off but as some of these folks are are saying here in this thread “Buyer Beware”… wave Have a Great Day!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I choose to meet an interested party at a public location in person (when possible) so that they can see the item I have posted for sale. Have a Great Day!

I have bought and sold many items here and always an in-person cash transaction. Always been a great exchange. See below vvv

The one and only way someone pay… PayPal goods and services. Venmo is free but offers no real protection to the seller. PayPal friends and family is free but again, offers no real protection to the seller.

Don’t forget the cash paying in-person sale.

I finally got that TUCR Maestro out early ice season in search of bluegill and crappie. The only fish I caught were northerns but was that ever a fun experience on that little noodle rod. peace

Johnie Birkel
    Participant
    South metro

Is there a way to see in someone’s bio how long they have been a member?
    I have done probably 20+ transactions on IDO and always great. Like mentioned it’s usually a regular or semi regular I deal with. The last one let my father (out of town for me) in law pick up the stuff while the check was in the mail!!

Adam Steffes
    Participant

Some forums put a post count minimum on access to the classified section. Not sure if the benefits of public access to the adds outweigh the risk of scammers creating fly by night accounts and scamming adds.

The SCRATCHER
    Participant
    spring valley mn

Beware of that fellow B.K. ha sorry Brian just kidding! I bought a inflatable life jacket and he met me and even took cash! MY HERO

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Beware of that fellow B.K. ha sorry Brian just kidding! I bought a inflatable life jacket and he met me and even took cash! MY HERO

I bet the life jacket smelled like a mix of spam, cheap beer, and cat fish. jester rotflol doah

marcolson13
    Participant
    NULL

Very True Andy, that is the best way! Otherwise, save yourself potential headaches.. Go with Paypal Goods and Services.

Doug Larsen
    Participant
    Minnesohtah

I detest PayPal. Detest it. Just a reminder, its not a bank. None of that money is guaranteed and at any moment, on their whim they can lock your account for violation. IE I had $4k tied up in mine and because an idiot friend of mine tagged a Fantasy Football payment I had to wait 6 months to withdraw it

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

I’ve had nothing but great experiences buying and selling goods here. I remember when the site awarded fishbucks based on posts that were used to pay for a ad.

I don’t see post counts, where is that listed?
    Thanks!

bigpike
    Participant

I’ve had nothing but great experiences buying and selling goods here. I remember when the site awarded fishbucks based on posts that were used to pay for a ad.

I don’t see post counts, where is that listed?
    Thanks!

If your an a computer screen you’ll see post counts. Not on smart phones.

I’ve had great transactions over the years. Never had a problem.

Bass Thumb
    Participant
    Royalton, MN

Some forums put a post count minimum on access to the classified section. Not sure if the benefits of public access to the adds outweigh the risk of scammers creating fly by night accounts and scamming adds.

Sometimes that’s not a bad idea. It’s useful in preventing people from simply visiting the site daily to hit us Classified sections.

On the other hand, if someone needed to get up to 100 posts or 200 posts just to be able to access the Classified, it wouldn’t take long to post a lot of “I agree”, “x2”, “Yup”, “Very cool” posts to reach that number. I’ve seen that on other sites, and that’s not good either.

I’ve bought and sold in this Classified section. 100% of the time it was a good experience. Always use PayPal. It’s not 100% foolproof and perfect, but it’s as close as you’re gonna get.

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

@jonj

“Jimmy Darcy” ads should be dusted IMO. Jimmy = Scammy.

Tried the same spiel while ago with the Humminbirds.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Please mark your sold items as sold Jimmy.

Jimmy Darcy
    Participant
    Northern WI

My old 2 ads from last fall sold and I marked them sold. My current ads are not sold yet but I will when they sell. Sorry, I’ll get it down )

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

A little unsolicited advice too Jimmy – since you’re new to the site.

When you post an ad for an $1800 piece of electronics and say its “100% new in the box” and then in the very next line say its been used a couple times … you’re not exactly racking up credibility.

coffee

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

A little unsolicited advice too Jimmy – since you’re new to the site.

When you post an ad for an $1800 piece of electronics and say its “100% new in the box” and then in the very next line say its been used a couple times … you’re not exactly racking up credibility.

coffee

Actually him saying used a couple times, gives great cred to him from me… if he left that out, then not so much.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

So……..Ericco…..
    He didn’t have enough posts, did he. coffee

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

So……..Ericco…..

devil rotflol rotflol rotflol whistling

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

So……..Ericco…..

rotflol rotflol applause applause rotflol rotflol
    Looked like he was pretty good at yoga. Namaste

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pailofperch wrote:</div>
    So……..Ericco…..

rotflol rotflol applause applause rotflol rotflol
    Looked like he was pretty good at yoga. Namaste

rotflol jester Did anyone see what kind of boat and hunting land he had? Asking for a….friend…. rotflol jester rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.