How many here fish Rathbun???

• btomlin
    Albia, IA

If you ever see a shaved head guy in a green smokercraft….say “hey”. I’m usually out 3 nights a week.

herb
    6ft under

3 nights per week? I don’t think I’ve been able to get there 3 times in the past 2 years!
    So, I’ll expect reports in my pm’s.

riverking
    se iowa

i might get to rathbun a half dozen to ten times a year. ditto what herb said.

btomlin
    Albia, IA

I usually make it Sunday Evening as the crazies are headed off the water, Thursday eve is “guys night” & some Wed. evenings & some Sat. mornings.

daveeast
    Iowa

I fish Rathbun couple times a week April thru Sept., mainly
    fishing for crappies and walleye. Last year water levels was
    high and I had terrible luck catching. Hope it is maintained better this year.

herb
    6ft under

I have a feeling the state is going to be begging the COE to keep the lake level at normal or below just because of that new resort. I also heard they plan some major erosion control.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I get down there a few times. It’s about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. Most of the time I’ll add an hour and head to the Miss

evan
    knoxville, IA

I normally make it down at least once every two weeks sometimes once a week. only been down once this year in jan. below the spillway. Im always chasin eyes, but would like to find a couple crappie holes this year. I caught some 13 and 14 inch last year trollin cranks. Even caught 3 northern down there last year.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Anyone know a site that I can check out the flow coming out of Rathbun and Red Rock?

btomlin
    Albia, IA

US Army Corp should have a site….

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Where are the boat ramps down river from the spillway?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.