Cracked Storage Lid

• eyeguide
    Prior Lake

I knelt down on on my rod storage lid in my 620 the other day while vacuuming and heard a slight crunching sound! lifted the lid to find that I must have focused to much weight in one spot! It cracked. Now it gives when you walk across it. Has anybody had this happen, and know of a remedy? I will just end up buying a new lid from Ranger otherwise, but am worried about the carpet being off!

wormdunker

I own a 2002 518vx. I am going to guess that the spot is also the spot that you step on everytime you step through to the front deck? I had the same thing happen on the spot that everyone steps when going to the front deck. I used to do some guiding and special events out of the boat. Needless to say some people step up normal and some people Jump. I replaced the lid to my cooler and the carpet was not a problem. It basically matched up within a month or so once the carpet nap laid down.

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

Quote:

I am going to guess that the spot is also the spot that you step on everytime you step through to the front deck? I had the same thing happen on the spot that everyone steps when going to the front deck. I used to do some guiding and special events out of the boat. Needless to say some people step up normal and some people Jump.

Exactly! Thanks for the input.

ted-merdan

Carpet match shouldn’t be an issue, once you give Ranger your HID (Hull Identification Number) they will be able to build one and carpet it – any sun fade could be the only potential issue.

I can honestly say I haven’t heard of this but give Ranger Parts a call at 800.724.7273 and they should be able to handle this for you.

-ted

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

I have a 2002 620 with the exact same issue. I should give them a call and see how much it will run. The struts for the rod locker are about shot also, so it would be a good time to replace them too.

Dean

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I am on the 3rd rod compartment door in my 2002 620 and this one is really spongy as well. When you look at the bottom you can see all the stress cracks and yup…it is right where everyone steps going to the front.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.