Boat Colors on a Ranger

• walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

So my dad is thinking about ordering a new Ranger vs620 full windshield and dual console….he is a walleye guy……..what color options do you like……this boat most likely will come straight from the factory so options are endless….pinstriped….no pinstripe..etc etc etc….i know he likes dark carpet for the spilt crawlers etc…..i have a couple options in mind but he doesnt seem to go for it…..apparently likes white….current boat is a warrior 1890xst tiller with 115 yamaha 4 stroke……he is undecided on the new motor probably a verado or a yamaha both in the 250hp…….his past four trucks have all been black so my guess that will stay the same……..thanks ido

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Tell him good luck. It took me 3.5 hours at the dealer and countless hours on-line to get my colors picked out.

Also tell him to avoid the Verado.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Go to the Ranger website. He can play with colors on there. You can put your own color patterns in and see it right in front of you. I wouldn’t be afraid of the Verado. I have heard a lot more “Likes” than “Dislikes”. None the less, I’m jealous.
    Wallster ><((((>

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

My uncle has ran a verado 250 on his 620 for a few years. It is quiet, and will lift that range up on plane before you can blink. Its unbelievable. He is getting another new 620 and is going with a new 250 verado again. Experienced problems first hand with an early 150 verado, but have witnessed, and heard nothing but great things about the 250. Congrats to your dad!

jollyroger
    MN

Hi Walleyfisher87,

I just faced the same dilema as I’ve got a new 620T on order. I wanted a primarily black one so I went with the following (the strips and inside were the options I went back and forth the most about):

Eclipse Mist for the Hull

Gel Coat Black for the Water Line

Gel Coat Black Bottom

Gel Coat Grey for Strips 1 & 3

Gel Coat Black for Stripe 2

Performance White for Pinstripes

Performance White for Inside (thought the metalic might too bright on a sunny day)

Ash Carpet

Like Wade B said, I too spent many hours on the website and at the dealer trying to visulize. The Ranger Website as Wallster pointed out is a great tool as well, but it really helps to see one in person. I spent a good hour physically looking at one with color samples in hand to really get an idea in my mind how it would look.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

Good Luck!

jollyroger
    MN

Forgot to add the picture (I’m getting a 620T, but Ranger just has the VS as a template for the web color application).

jollyroger
    MN

Here is the White Option I was contemplating as well. The fact that you have to customize every aspect if you elect not to go with one of the standard offerings makes it fun (but tough!) at the same time.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

thanks for the input guys…….jolly i love both combos and im gonna pass them on to my dad…..fyi him and myself have spent way to many hours on the website and i know he has been to frankies and rapid sport many a time looking at combos in person as boats come in…..
    i will say he is concerned about a dark boat becoming to hot/warm during the dog days of summer…..any input on that??

kerk
    Maplewood, MN

I suggest that you make a trip this weekend to the St. Paul Sports Show. Frankie’s Marine will be there with brand new 2012 models of Ranger Boats for everyone to look at. We will be answering questions and making sure everyone has the knowledge they need to make the decision that’s right for them on purchasing their new Ranger.

The show opens on Thursday and we have some really exciting news about changes to existing models, perfomance on motors, as well as talking about a new model Ranger that will be a big hit with tiller guys.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I’m sure what ever he choses he’ll be happy. It’s a Ranger! I have to throw out that if it we me, There’s no way a Verado would be hanging form the back of it though. Know people with these and they aren’t happy at all! just about Impossible to get work done on.
    Just my $.02

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

thanks for the input guys…….jolly i love both combos and im gonna pass them on to my dad…..fyi him and myself have spent way to many hours on the website and i know he has been to frankies and rapid sport many a time looking at combos in person as boats come in…..
    i will say he is concerned about a dark boat becoming to hot/warm during the dog days of summer…..any input on that??

In my Skeeter the Charcoal carpet can get to hot to touch/walk on. If I had the black, I can’t imagine how miserable hot that would get. Not sure about a black gel coat. My red gel coat does hold heat.

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Here is what I did….
    When he orders he has endless options but in my case I asked that the consoles NOT match the hull.
    I also like the look of matching stripe 2 to the hull color as well.
    If you have any question or want any suggestions PM for my contact information for your Dad.
    Thank you,

292-sparky
    White Bear Lake, MN

I like the old Silverado color combo, it looks totally BA with a black motor.

With a Yamaha, I prefer an eclipse mist base with stripes 1&3 in graphite. That is a great combo too.

Mine is the anniversory color combo, which isn’t that bad either.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.