Ranger trailer alignment in metro

• Dennis Williams
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

Looking for a business in the metro to get my Ranger trailer aligned. I know Kremer Spring does it but they have a month long waiting list.

Thanks.

mojogunter
    Participant

I had an issue with Kremer several years ago. I made an appointment for my ranger trailer. Told them the axle was bent. They said they could straighten it. Brought it in they looked at it in the parking lot and said they can’t straighten a torsion axle. Then charged me $120. They knew what year it was and that all ranger trail trailers came with torsion axles. If they didn’t then they should have asked before I brought it in because torsion were the norm by then. All that being said call Andover wheel and frame. They are an actual reputable company.
    http://www.andoverwheelandframe.net/

Dennis Williams
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks mojogunter. Their website says they are closed until further notice due to covid. They might open in the next few days. I will give them a call Monday.

mojogunter
    Participant

They are open unless an employee just got sick and they have to quarantine. They fixed a tire for me a few weeks ago.

David Anderson
    Participant
    Dayton, MN

did this ever get taken care of?

fishspike
    Participant

Will you let us know how it goes? I have 2006 trailer. Right front wears bad.

Thanks

Dennis Williams
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks

I brought the trailer in on November 3rd. The axel is out of spec. and they can’t heat it up and bend it because of the plastic/rubber in the axel. Kremer has been waiting for a price on the axel from Ranger. Shipping the axel will take 4 to 6 weeks. I will let you know when I finally get a price.

Joe Scegura
    Participant
    Alexandria MN

I had a bent axle on one of my Ranger trailers too. I called a place and they told me you cannot fix torsion axles…

So what does dumb me do? I called another place and they said, “Sure! We can do that.” I brought it in they tried to fix it and failed then tried to charge my over $100. Told me sorry I guess we can’t fix those. What is the idea with charging people when you failed to do what you said you would?

I ended up just ordering replacement axles. Super easy and reasonable $700 I think…
    Everything is new this way too.

Moral of story don’t try to fix torsion axles. Just buy a new axle and hub assembly. waytogo

mojogunter
    Participant

How much did they charge you to tell you they can’t fix a torsion axle? It sounds like they may have at least brought it in to the shop to see if something wasn’t right. With me they looked in the parking lot and charged me. Hopefully they fix it right. FYI I just bought a new axle from ranger and installed it myself. It is pretty straight forward. I think my axle was over $1000 though. It has been a few years and my memory isn’t very good.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishspike wrote:</div>

Thanks

I brought the trailer in on November 3rd. The axel is out of spec. and they can’t heat it up and bend it because of the plastic/rubber in the axel. Kremer has been waiting for a price on the axel from Ranger. Shipping the axel will take 4 to 6 weeks. I will let you know when I finally get a price.

Dennis Williams
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

Just got the estimate. The charge for putting it up on the hoist and checking the alignment was $75.00 The total cost with new axel, shipping and labor has two options.

Armored axel $1850
    Galvanized axel $1350

4 to 6 weeks for the part to arrive.

I went with the armored. Gotta match the rest of the trailer.

Joe Scegura
    Participant
    Alexandria MN

I would call Central Marine in Carlos MN. Mine was a lot cheaper than that and they are a Ranger dealer.

Glad you have it figured out though.

Dennis Williams
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

The labor is $400. If I had to bring it to Carlos, MN I would have to spend a few nights there. With not much to do in Carlos, you would see this blue truck following you around picking off your hot spots.

Dennis Williams
    Participant
    Apple Valley, MN

Update… Kremer Services just called. The axel will now take at least 10 weeks to be delivered. Ranger is having issues due to covid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.