Ranger Trail Trailer

• FishNowWorkLater
    Participant

Picked up a 2013 Ranger Reata, looking to service the hubs/bearings. I’m told to look at Vault/Dexter for parts. Where do you all go for parts? I hopefully only need the seals and cap.

Thanks in advance

Norsky
    Participant

I went down to the Ranger dealer in Shakopee, they had the hybrid grease (not cheap), I picked up some RTV sealant at fleet farm and pumped mine back full and sealed the caps back in place so it had the proper pressure on the bearings, you’ll need to put a grease zerk on to fill it. I think I may eventually just buy a whole new complete hub preassembled and use as a spare. I think the only way to know exactly which bearings and races you need is to actually disassemble the entire works and get the numbers printed on the sides of the bearings. Made my own bearing cap installation device by using a PVC reducer, 2-1 1/2, in order to reinstall the cap correctly after application of the RTV sealant. I’ve put well over 1000 miles on my trailer this year and the hubs have stayed nice and cool, The biggest problem is when they’re warm from the highway and then get quickly dipped into cool water, that’s why the pressurized and sealed system really helps to keep water out.

FishNowWorkLater
    Participant

Yeah $40 / tube is expensive! I picked up the same except ended up going to Rigid Hitch in burnsville for the bearings/races/seals. Shakopee wanted >$100 / kit / wheel. Cost me all of $50 at Rigid hitch for the exact same parts.

Found out I have a 5200# axle hub, so it’s the larger one. Working on the 2nd wheel today after work then hopefully if all goes well off to the cabin for a long weekend of fishing.

I almost switched over to bearing buddies but wanted to give these a try. Hopefully they last 5+ years like they say. These were going on year 9 and just started leaking on one side.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

They will last… I never want to touch grease again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.