Ranger Front Rails

• cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Was researching a Livescope mount to use in the front of my 620. Assumed I had rails up front but noticed tonight that I don’t, just in the back. Bought boat in September and didn’t notice this. )

So in the front, I notice there is not a straight run where a straight rail or track could go. What do others use in the front.? Does Ranger make a rail for the front that follows curve of the boat? Can you use tracks in short segments? Multiple 6″ tracks? Seems that would look awful and tacky.

I really want to run a livescope pole mount in the front. My TM is an Ulterra so putting the livescope on the TM is not a current option with that TM.

Eric

TH
    Participant

Call ranger parts with your hull ID number and order the rails. Yes they make them. I put a brew city pole on mine.

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Thx TH. That’s exactly the pole I intend to get. Can I ask, is 72″ necessary or will the 60″ be all I need?

Eric

TH
    Participant

I have a 60” but mine boat is an 1850 Reata. I’m sure if you call brew city, the guy can tell you what you need.

Red Reno
    Participant

as previously said, they make the rails for the front of your boat but you could either mount a Ram arm to the floor of your bow and mount the pole there. I have ram rod holders mounted in the front of my boat and there is a ram mount that will fit into the rod holder and then on a ram arm to the summit pole. I can move this all over the boat, front or back just like lifting a rod holder out of the base. It works really good from slow moving up to pulling plugs at 3 mph.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.