Rainy River Spring 2022

• gonefishin
    Participant

Did a quick search and didn’t find a post for Rainy River this spring.

My son, Drew and I will be up Apr/12 – Apr/17. First 3 days for walleyes and last few days for sturgeon. We haven’t been up for a few years, wondering who else will be up?

It looks like it will be awhile yet.

walleyevision
    Participant

My son and I are heading up the 12-15th. First time, super excited.

Francis K
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

10 of us will be up starting on 4/14.

dbright
    Participant
    Cambridge

As of right now I plan on 8-17th.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

If you’re on FB, follow the Royal Dutchman. They provide thorough ice-out reports for the river. This on was from yesterday.

Attachments:
    1. 318192A9-16D1-49D0-9C45-58BE3C2FACC8.png

2. 157BF0FE-E7F8-498D-AD47-FD1A02CAD548.png

steve-o
    Participant
    Des Moines, IA

Plus the Royal Dutchman is a darn good read! I love his positive spirit and it always leaves me fired up and smiling after reading his post!!! The Royal Duchess is equally entertaining with her post too. 😄

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I’ll be up the 6th through the 12th I think we just planned.

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

Yep always follow the Dutchman reports. Stopped in and told the Dutchess thanks for what they do and what a nice young lady she was to chat with. Thanks again

gimp
    Participant

I use to watch the River cam on Sportsmans Lodge, It really sucks that they took it down and didn’t replace it.

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

Border view has one

Dominic Ruis
    Participant

Headed up 7-11th and wondering what people usually do for places to stay? My boat is already in IFalls and would be pulling up our Ice castle to stay in. Wondering if there are places to park it?

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

Headed up 7-11th and wondering what people usually do for places to stay? My boat is already in IFalls and would be pulling up our Ice castle to stay in. Wondering if there are places to park it?

doubt any campgrounds will have water on yet. You can check with but oak. Showers available

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dominic Ruis wrote:</div>

Sorry bur oak
    doubt any campgrounds will have water on yet. You can check with but oak. Showers available

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

We stay in my otter resort hub house and camp in that for the week. I’ll run to Steve’s lucky bait and shower there. The odds of finding a spot for the wheel house are slim. Most guys who bring those are camping the entire month and are probably already there taking the few open spots.

Michael Best
    Participant

Just need the shore ice taken care of at Birchdale and one access will be open.
    With the forecast things should be going good real soon.

walleyevision
    Participant

With the late start I’m assuming the landings will be jam packed. Does it make sense to drive over the border and launch from the Canadian side to avoid longer lines?

If so, any help with launch points there? Google gives surprisingly little info for “Canadian rainy river boat launch”

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

With the late start I’m assuming the landings will be jam packed. Does it make sense to drive over the border and launch from the Canadian side to avoid longer lines?

If so, any help with launch points there? Google gives surprisingly little info for “Canadian rainy river boat launch”

Not at all. Not to me

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

No, go early, or go later and bring a bike. Hopefully by next weekend there will be a couple more options. Here’s a map with a couple CA accesses if you want to try that.

Attachments:
    1. 6A644F91-EF57-4A43-8E32-72DAAA7E7129-scaled.jpeg

Uncle Rico
    Participant

Birchdale is open as of a little bit ago, per Dutchman on FB….have fun.

walleyevision
    Participant

No, go early, or go later and bring a bike. Hopefully by next weekend there will be a couple more options. Here’s a map with a couple CA accesses if you want to try that.
    [/quote]

A bike makes sense. Do people lock them to trees or anything? Mine isn’t super nice, but nice enough that I’d be worried just letting it sit in the open.

Michael Best
    Participant

Are there any thoughts on what the forks will do?
    We have 13 days left to fish walleyes. It would be great if they didn’t let loose till after the 14th.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Just posted

Attachments:
    1. BAE225E1-ADBA-419E-B583-4E2AD4BBB8AF.png

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

Talked to the kids there today and they will have golf cart there for rides go a donation

Dominic Ruis
    Participant

Talked to the kids there today and they will have golf cart there for rides go a donation

This is awesome! Will be my first time going starting Thursday and the thing that i keep worrying about is the long walk to park trailer etc. What days will they be there? Id love to give a donation for rides!

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grizzly wrote:</div>

This is awesome! Will be my first time going starting Thursday and the thing that i keep worrying about is the long walk to park trailer etc. What days will they be there? Id love to give a donation for rides!

the mother of the kid was there and I thought she said he would be out of school all week

Sam Menard
    Participant

Unfortunately the launches on the Canadian side (Stratton and Pinewood) don’t get opened up like the US side. They are snow covered and iced in.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I will be up Wednesday, camping like normal. Can’t wait I’ll be up through Monday

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

This next week looks chilly and some fresh snow coming. Hope the winds are light. Good luck boys.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.