Rain issues

• Brandon Johnson
    Bayport

I recently bought a 2000 Warrior V1890 eagle and everytime it rains whether it is a drizzle or down pour all of my compartments are soaked! My bow storage, rod lockers and storage under my command council. Is there anything I can do to make them water tight? Even my bait and live wells have standing water in them. I keep the boat covered with the canvas cover it came with and everything is still wet! I know the canvas is not 100% water proof but it keeps 90% out. I bought the boat so recent I haven’t had time to clean the garage and store it indoors. I did take it on our week long vacation at breezy point and I noticed the water issue right after the first rain fall while it was docked. The boat was not covered then as it was in the water and the cover only works while on the trailer.
    I did email warrior yesterday about the water issue and to see if it would be possible to retrofit my boat with the newer layout but haven’t heard anything yet.

Attachments:
    1. 20180630_193230.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You won’t hear anything back from them, the news guys didn’t start until 2010 I think.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I have a 2005 and when it rains the compartments get wet. I have even put a new lid on the front livewell and caulked the crap out of it and that did not help. I have just excepted that there is no dry storage. That being said it is the only thing I don’t like about the boat.

Brandon Johnson
    Bayport

That definitely isn’t the answer I was looking for. It kinda sucks that you cant have any dry storage in a boat! I was hoping I could keep most of my stuff in the boat to free up some garage space.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I don’t know if it would work but you could try adding fiberglass resin to the inside of the compartments or buy dry storage bags to put your stuff in inside the compartments. I would only leave stuff in the boat if the compartments LOCK. There are too many people with sticky fingers around today.

Brandon Johnson
    Bayport

All of the cabinets are carpeted inside. All of the doors have locks on them and they all work. If I leave the boat in the harbor I would definitely take all my stuff with! It is pretty sad we cant even trust other fishermen…

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

What about the tops?

It is pretty sad we cant even trust other fishermen…

Other fishermen know what the stuff is worth. It’s true that there are so many crappy people out there. You are new to this site and will soon learn that there are lots of great fishing guys and gals here. I wish we had an answer for you.

sticker

I have gotten a couple quotes to have the deck redone with dry storage and well…it’s very pricey so I haven’t done it.

Maybe Troy @Warrior1 will have a solution for you if he sees this. I know he has a guy that will do work on the older Warriors. He has been very helpful to me!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

How about some of those big water proof bags, like a Duluth Pack or extra big zip lock bags I see around?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Gotta new South Bay pontoon last year. There’s bout a million qubic ft of storage. Last week it rained and every storage area was water logged. Had to get a sponge to soak up the water out of the storage areas.
    Couldn’t they at least drill a couple drain holes each storage area?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Idk about any storage but that’s one sweet looking boat. waytogo

Has that thing seen the water more than a half dozen times in it’s life or what? Looks spanky new toast

Chuck Koshiol

I had a similar problem with my boat as well. On my BT166, there is a drain hole around the rim of the door. There is normally a tube that is hooked up to this drain hole inside the compartment area, but My tube had broke-off. Once I replaced or repaired this and hooked it back up, the problem was solved. I haven’t had any issues.

I also turned one of the Livewells into Dry storage by plugging the drain holes and taping off the overflow tubes.

As for the regular storage bins, I would check out the drain tubes to see if they are plugged or broken. Not sure what to say about your rod lockers. I haven’t had an issue with them.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Idk about any storage but that’s one sweet looking boat. waytogo

Has that thing seen the water more than a half dozen times in it’s life or what? Looks spanky new toast

Nick, did you notice the “Cottonwood” force field surrounding the boat? wink

sticker

I had a similar problem with my boat as well. On my BT166, there is a drain hole around the rim of the door. There is normally a tube that is hooked up to this drain hole inside the compartment area, but My tube had broke-off. Once I replaced or repaired this and hooked it back up, the problem was solved. I haven’t had any issues.

I also turned one of the Livewells into Dry storage by plugging the drain holes and taping off the overflow tubes.

As for the regular storage bins, I would check out the drain tubes to see if they are plugged or broken. Not sure what to say about your rod lockers. I haven’t had an issue with them.

I put silicon in the drain hole on the rim of the openings and that did not solve the issue. I also put plugs in all the intake and exhaust holes in the front livewell and I still get water in there when it rains The new cover I bought for my front livewell is supposed to be waterproof and I think it is. I just don’t think I get a good seal between the carpet and the cover. My next step is going to be trim the carpet out from under that cover, re silicon it and see if that helps. I would really like this front livewell to be true dry storage, but I am not there yet.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Nick, did you notice the “Cottonwood” force field surrounding the boat?

Hopefully that cottonwood was a sign from the fishing gods I need a tiller again. Now I need to talk the guy into giving one up ive been eyeing…

Brandon Johnson
    Bayport

It is an awesome and clean boat for being 18 years old!
    I also plugged up the front live well to make it dry storage but like you said it still gets water in it.
    I ran my hand under the front storage compartment and from the deck to the hull there is about a 1/4″ gap that the water just runs down.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Troy is a wealth of knowledge ! I might suggest the hi density weather stripping gasket material as well. Much has changed and gotten far better in 19 years ! But still a great boat !

walleyeseeker

All of the cabinets are carpeted inside. All of the doors have locks on them and they all work. If I leave the boat in the harbor I would definitely take all my stuff with! It is pretty sad we cant even trust other fishermen…

My 2090 is a 2000 model also and has no dry storage at all. Your boat is 18 years old. I’ve looked into other boat brands and don’t find many that had dry storage 18 years ago. Your boat is designed with a completely open area under the floor. My 2090 has a livewell in front and in back. I chose to completely isolate the front livewell and use it as dry storage. It works fairly well. I added a cap to the drain tube at the back of the boat and put drain plugs in both overflows and the bottom drain hole. I can’t tell from your picture if you have a storage area next to the driver seat. Mine has one and water can get in along the floor and from the back if the water gets high enough. There’s an aluminum strip covered with carpet along the floor around this storage area. It’s held on with screws through the carpet. You could take this strip off, caulk seal around the entire seam, and reinstall the strip to hide the caulk. The hatch door is simply screwed on. You could remove the hatch, caulk behind the screw fin, and reinstall the hatch while the caulk is still soft. These are the only ways you will get dry storage on an old Warrior.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.