Rain gutters

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What product did you try patching it with ? Did you take the corner off and caulk the entire thing then reassemble

A waterproof caulk at first. That initially lasted for a while. I then tried a spray on sealer, like flex seal. That didn’t last very long. Once it got cold out, I think that stuff is useless.

I eventually did take it all apart, clean it, and re-sealed it. Slowly but surely a leak began again. I’ve come to accept the fact that its just always going to drip unless I pay someone to do it right the first time. And the next house isn’t going to be done this way either, I’ll pay someone to do it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    What product did you try patching it with ? Did you take the corner off and caulk the entire thing then reassemble

A waterproof caulk at first. That initially lasted for a while. I then tried a spray on sealer, like flex seal. That didn’t last very long. Once it got cold out, I think that stuff is useless.

I eventually did take it all apart, clean it, and re-sealed it. Slowly but surely a leak began again. I’ve come to accept the fact that its just always going to drip unless I pay someone to do it right the first time. And the next house isn’t going to be done this way either, I’ll pay someone to do it.

You need commercial caulk. I’ll shoot you the number of the stuff we have. I don’t remember off top of my head. I backed in to the corner of my gutter with my big truck and I used the caulk to patch it. It lasted 2 years before I had the full 12 ft run replaced.
    And yes, flexseal is a gimmick. Works for a very short time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Flex Seal works perfect for this application

I would never ever recommend this.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Flex Seal works perfect for this application

Well at least in the commercial it does. I would not recommend this for anything especially if it is in a freezing climate. By the way I have a flex seal boat for sale if anyone is interested now if I could only find my chickens.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.