Rain Coming

• lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Looks like a multi-day rain on tap. Hope we actually get some decent totals. If it’s gonna rain we may as well get caught up.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was hoping to fish a little this week but rain is good. The lakes could certainly use a refill.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Yep keep the moisture coming. Still recovering from a severe drought last year.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I could really use a 8-10 day dry spell to get some work done on some extremely greasy ground. With that said, it’s almost a guarantee for steady rain

lindyrig79
    Participant

Looks like upwards of an inch over the next couple days, maybe turning to snow. Last I heard they were talking about canceling the Twins opener roll

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Last I heard they were talking about canceling the Twins opener

Not sure why MLB schedules games here this early. Have them on the road the first couple weeks and avoid the majority of this.

tindall
    Participant
    Minneapolis MN

Plan work, put away snow blowers, do whatever you can to anger the precipitation gods – the lakes and rivers need a drink. Last summer was awful for rivers and the lake by me still looks to be down at least a foot.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Last I heard they were talking about canceling the Twins opener

They are considering moving it to Friday.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Not sure why MLB schedules games here this early. Have them on the road the first couple weeks and avoid the majority of this.

I think they’ve said that it is a disadvantage money wise to the southern/warmer teams to have more home games in April than the northern teams. I think they say that all teams should have equal amount of games during the summer months when school is out and there are more fans attending. I guess I buy that argument.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Kind of wild watching it come down, half rain half snow. And coming down pretty good.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

Yep, as much as I am ready to get the warmer weather underway, this rain is exactly what we need to get caught up again. We never got our fall rains.

My only complaint is that it means longer until I can get my boat out of outdoor storage. So much mud….

Rick Z
    Participant
    Stark MN

I don’t mind the rain. I am fed up with this wind. It has been non stop

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Here is the most recent drought monitor for Minnesota as of this morning. Only three small areas are in D1 drought, although the entire eastern portion is still considered abnormally dry.

That map has certainly improved a lot! Last year the West was very bad. I think all the snow they had this winter really helped.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

That map has certainly improved a lot! Last year the West was very bad. I think all the snow they had this winter really helped.

Certainly has. All of western MN and the eastern half of North Dakota are drought free. This map does not include any moisture from past Tuesday at 8am either, so next week it will show even more improvement.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Certainly has. All of western MN and the eastern half of North Dakota are drought free. This map does not include any moisture from past Tuesday at 8am either, so next week it will show even more improvement.

Right, we’ve received at least an inch of rain here this week.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Guessing ice out will be later than normal for most lakes?

10 day forecast doesn’t look great temperature wise.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Guessing ice out will be later than normal for most lakes?

10 day forecast doesn’t look great temperature wise.

Depends on where you are. Let’s use Lake Minnetonka as an example. The average ice out date is April 14. That’s in about a week. I would say with the current forecast, even though its not very warm, that ice out there in a week is likely. There’s more rain coming next week too.

Really hasn’t been that warm, but rain eats away at it pretty good.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Wind forecasts for next week Sunday through Friday in central MN…between 15 and 20 mph…everyday..I don’t see anything forecasted under 10 mph for the 13 days after tomorrow..

FryDog62
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rick Ziesmer wrote:</div>

Wind forecasts for next week Sunday through Friday in central MN…between 15 and 20 mph…everyday..I don’t see anything forecasted under 10 mph for the 13 days after tomorrow..

…and they say March is the kite flying month!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Let’s use Lake Minnetonka as an example

I drove past Gray’s Bay over my lunch, and the south shores are certainly opening up.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

Big sections of Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis and smaller lakes in Dayton are open as of today.

ganderpike
    Participant
    Alexandria

130 acre lake in north metro is probably a day or two from being open. Rain does a number.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.