Quick draw

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Alright I’m lost. I just bought a 93sv UHD unit. I’ve used it once so far. Talked to my cousin about whether he thought the maps are any good, cause I didn’t think they were upon first use. He said he only uses quick draw. Gonna be honest I didn’t even know that was a feature available to me. Now I’m doing research on it and I’m a little confused. Ok so I need a micro SD card and garmin will take up to a 32 GB. And it appears quick draw is a software I can get for free. Is it already on my unit or is this something I need to download onto a PC and load onto the SD card?

For those that use it what speeds do you troll at to capture the images? Do u find its best to spend a day trolling around your favorite lake and then fish it later using the map or just map it while you fish?

Thanks for any tips

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Your Echomap should have the software already on it. You would just need up to a 32 gig micro SD card. Cool thing is you can download other peoples quickdraws they have done on other lakes if they upload them. Personally I dont mind the maps on it. they seem pretty good.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Your Echomap should have the software already on it. You would just need up to a 32 gig micro SD card. Cool thing is you can download other peoples quickdraws they have done on other lakes if they upload them. Personally I dont mind the maps on it. they seem pretty good.

Thanks Carter!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Exactly what carter said.
    And for the preloaded maps, some are great and some are so so. Depends on the body of water. I was very impressed on the pre loaded maps on mille lacs. Which is one lake I didn’t think would be great

Reef W

Also check out the ActiveCaptain app on your phone. That will let you view maps on your phone and will connect to your 93sv to transfer stuff back and forth like downloaded Quickdraw maps.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Also check out the ActiveCaptain app on your phone. That will let you view maps on your phone and will connect to your 93sv to transfer stuff back and forth like downloaded Quickdraw maps.

Thats another good point. You can also do your free update to the 2021 maps and update them through your phone to your unit to which is pretty slick. You still need the micro sd card to do this though.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Reef Whooligan wrote:</div>

Thats another good point. You can also do your free update to the 2021 maps and update them through your phone to your unit to which is pretty slick. You still need the micro sd card to do this though.

Wow cool! thanks guys

Reef W

I found this screenshot I took of Burntside map which is the base map with some lines of Quickdraw over it. On some lakes the built-in is good, on some it’s REALLY bad. I don’t think it’s just Garmin though, some lakes just aren’t mapped very well it seems.

One of my projects for this year is to map some of the areas I ice fish.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210222-185709_ActiveCaptain1.jpg

Deuces

I don’t think it’s just Garmin though, some lakes just aren’t mapped very well it seems.

I agree. I am fortunate to run a few different rigs with regularity which have garmin, navionics, and lakemaster and all have their good ones and bad ones. Cant say which would have an upper hand at this point.

Quick draw i find to be better than the bird mapping. Not sure of the lowrance.

dirtywater

I found this screenshot I took of Burntside map which is the base map with some lines of Quickdraw over it. On some lakes the built-in is good, on some it’s REALLY bad. I don’t think it’s just Garmin though, some lakes just aren’t mapped very well it seems.

One of my projects for this year is to map some of the areas I ice fish.

Uff-duh. Fishing bside in 10 days. Good to know I won’t be relying on my Garmin to scout spots in advance.

Reef W

Uff-duh. Fishing bside in 10 days. Good to know I won’t be relying on my Garmin to scout spots in advance.

Google maps is about as useful lol The area between Van Vac launch and Burntside lodge is where I want to spend some time mapping this summer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.