Questions for Mr. Lozier

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

@JustDave

1) What are we doing wrong when the photos won’t load correctly. Many seem sideways, upside down.

2) How hard would it be to get a counter on the threads to see how often they have been viewed? Many guys view a thread but don’t post.

3) How would you fix the Vikings, Twins, Timberwolves?

Thanks.

munchy
    NULL

Can we PLEASE get a “skip to last unread post” button? wave

riverruns
    Inactive

March 8, 2017 at 4:48 pm

1) What are we doing wrong when the photos won’t load correctly. Many seem sideways, upside down.
    2) How hard would it be to get a counter on the threads to see how often they have been viewed? Many guys view a thread but don’t post.

TTT.

riverruns
    Inactive

3) How would you fix the Vikings,

Move to Wisconsin.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Can’t, I like professional baseball and hockey to much to move where there isn’t any.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Lol Dutch,I’m from Wi and still laughed !

Iowaboy1

while your at it Dave,wave your magic wand and turn my tracker into a skeeter with a yammie on it and make it snow so that suzuki can ride his sled at least once this year!
    thanks in advance!!

riverruns
    Inactive

while your at it Dave,wave your magic wand and turn my tracker into a skeeter with a yammie on it and make it snow so that suzuki can ride his sled at least once this year!
    thanks in advance!!

Yep, Bump.

Ya. Iowaboy is still in a tracker. doah

Iowaboy1

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iowaboy1 wrote:</div>
    thanks in advance!!

Yep, Bump.

Ya. Iowaboy is still in a tracker. doah

rotflol rotflol rotflol
    dang it!! I am trying!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

bump again, Mr. Lozier you around?

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I been asking about this for a couple of years. I’m not sure anybody cares if things on this site work anymore. Seams to fall on deaf ears.
    If the powers that be do care, please tell us whats going on with fixes.
    I hate to think that this site will not be kept up. People learn a lot here, including me.

Thanks James and all the minions.

riverruns
    Inactive

I been asking about this for a couple of years. I’m not sure anybody cares if things on this site work anymore. Seams to fall on deaf ears.
    I hate to think that this site will not be kept up. People learn a lot here, including me.

Pretty powerful statement.

Maybe they are hoping that people will leave this site and switch over to Facebook or other social media? I like this format and this is what I use.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Hix wrote:</div>

Pretty powerful statement.

Maybe they are hoping that people will leave this site and switch over to Facebook or other social media? I like this format and this is what I use.

A couple observations from myself…if I’m allowed?
    First, from the OP’s first concern regarding the upside down or sideways photo uploads…I think that is not an inherent flaw with this site as I have uploaded/posted numerous photos whether my own pics or what I downloaded and have never had any appear other than correctly right side up. So that may be more an issue with whomever is posting from.
    I do however find more concern with the absence of response regarding this on this thread from Dave Lozier and also no response from any other IDO responsible forum managers. Other than BK, there has been liitle if any presence from any of the Moderators/Keymasters.
    James Holst I’m sure has bigger things to worry about like prepping and catching fish for the next IDO TV show. As he should!
    The point being is I have seen this pattern before with another forum and it was a sad spiral down to where there is almost no one left and it is on it’s last pulse. So you may like this format…I do too, however unless someone starts paying attention it will also fade into irrelevancy! sad

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Other than BK,

You hurt my feelings Andy. I’m not good enough? bawling

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

These questions have been answered and asked a number of times.

I don’t know much about coding other then it does take a ton of time. More so when there are other projects in the engine being worked on.

So with that, I have a date with a fish.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I hate to think that this site will not be kept up.

My apologies for not regularly policing threads here in the forums the last few weeks – month. This happens every year at this time of year. March is incredibly busy for us here at IDO as we make the switch from ice to open water.

The forum here will be maintained as is for years to come. Will there be upgrades in the near future? Likely. But I’m not committing to anything with regards to time line. We’re keeping Dave very busy with other projects lately but for those that pay close attention I’m sure you noticed that Dave posted he was making website updates and adding security updates quite recently. So to all the “sky is falling” people that seem bent on getting everybody worked up all is as it should be. Please go fishing. And when you get back please put up a report.

My best to everyone,

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20170329_152318.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

like this format

Fantastic. Rest assured this site will be maintained for your enjoyment, and the enjoyment of others, for a long, long time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

All I wanted to know was there a way to make sure the photos loaded correctly.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’m guessing here Dutch…but I think it’s more a problem with posting pictures from a phone. I have never had a problem (there, I jinxed myself!) posting pictures with this laptop. Smart phones are machines sent here from hell to make us crazy and drive poorly, and post pictures upside down.

Who’s a dinosaur?

SR

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There definitely is a way. I’m sorry I don’t have a fix for your situation but everything I post to this website loads correctly. I honestly don’t have an answer for you. And I’m sorry for that.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m guessing here Dutch…but I think it’s more a problem with posting pictures from a phone. I have never had a problem (there, I jinxed myself!) posting pictures with this laptop. Smart phones are machines sent here from hell to make us crazy and drive poorly, and post pictures upside down.

Who’s a dinosaur?

SR

Not to be contradictory in any way but everything I post here to the website comes off my cell phone. Perhaps the issues are related to using a particular cell phone or a cell phone running an out-of-date operating system? That’s just a guess and of course not an excuse knowing all cell phones should work on this website. I know Dave has tried to figure it out with no luck. Nobody is giving up and will keep trying. But I don’t think there’s a easy answer looming.

For those wondering I’m posting from a Google pixel.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Well I did say I was guessing jester

I do know there is a big difference in how PC’s and how phones interact with websites, and it’s a monumental task to make a website work correctly with both.

I also know that operating systems change, get upgraded, and applications and other software get upgraded and change. The potential compatibility problems make whole digital world is a moving target. Again, it’s a monumental task to keep all of this sorted out and working correctly.

And I thought finding Walleyes on Pool 2 was tough.

SR

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I started the thread so I’ll close it.

Thanks for the response James.

riverruns
    Inactive

I also have the issue of posting a picture from my phone on this site. Problem is this is the only site that it does it too?

Sending pics to friends or posting on CL I’ve never had an issue. Maybe I need to stop at my Verizon store and ask them? My phone is old though. 6 months old.

Kinda like a depth finder. Outdated before we buy it. Thanks for the response to this issue though.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I started the thread so I’ll close it.

Thanks for the response James.

I truly wish I had a answer that would have adress your situation that I know is shared by others as well. We will keep looking.

deertracker

I’ll start by saying I have always had Samsung S series phones on the Android platform. I take my pictures with the bottom of my phone to my right side and my pictures have always worked.
    DT

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.