Question on Boat Trailers, saw this twice this weekend.

• Charles
    Participant

Saw a warrior boat and big ranger 620 tiller boat, I saw something that I haven’t before.

Under both of the trailers, there were chains running all way to the back. Almost like a counter weight for winching on. Anybody ever seen anything like this or know what it is?

gizmoguy
    Participant
    Crystal,MN

Ranger trailers used to have a system that used chains to raise a row of center keel rollers to lift the boat off the bunks to make it easier to launch. The chains were connected to a separate winch mounted just below the bow eye winch. I haven’t seen them for a while. Not sure it’s offered anymore.

Charles
    Participant

Ranger trailers used to have a system that used chains to raise a row of center keel rollers to lift the boat off the bunks to make it easier to launch. The chains were connected to a separate winch mounted just below the bow eye winch. I haven’t seen them for a while. Not sure it’s offered anymore.

Well that is cool, Yeah I saw a ranger and warrior I was like what the heck.

Michael C. Winther
    Participant
    Reedsburg, WI

Those are to assist with shallow water launching…boat can use rollers to more easily get off/on the trailer when applied, while making use of solid bunks when driving or at a deep enough launch.

jeff becker
    Participant

I have that set up on my current 2020 Ranger 620. I used all the time when I lived up north on shallow launches. Since moving to Madison the Ramps are deep enough that I don’t need them

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.