Question about Humminbird zerolines SD card for mapping

• John West

I’m looking into purchasing a decent fish finder and graph for my boat. I’m looking at some Helix GPS models that offer the autochart feature. The feature seems awesome for what I’m trying to use a graph for, but I’m conflicted on one thing. How many hours/how much storage will the zero lines card hold? I’m aware the internal storage will hold roughly 8 hours of mapping and then start to delete old mapping while laying down new contours. I heard online that the card will map and hold 100 hours of mapping, is this correct? I’d assume it’d hold more. thanks for any response.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

That is correct what I basically got from there tech support is that it would be very hard to fill the card.

The Real Joe Blow

It should hold way more than 100 hours. Humminbird doesn’t publish the exact specs but everyone including them always say that it will hold more than anyone can possibly map in a lifetime. 100 hours is only ~12x more than what the unit holds. You can fill the unit in a day, and 100 hours in 2 weeks. So unless you have a really short lifetime, it will hold way more than 100 hours worth. My guess would be closer to 10,000 hours worth.

Cheers
    TRJB

barc
    SE MN

Definitely more than 100 hours. I have been charting on my zeroline card since 2018 (5 seasons). I backup the mapping files in case the card fails for any reason and I just checked the size of the folder and it shows 16.7 MB on 244 files.

reddog

While not unlimited, you will not fill it..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.