Question on a new Garmin 73sv

• Tritoon
    Participant
    Austin, MN

Not sure if I’m missing something, but I just installed a new 73sv, and was playing around with it. I was gonna make some changes to my sonar settings, so as per my owners manual I selected the “menue” button to access sonar settings, and I don’t even have that option under the menue button. The only option I have under the menue button is “rearrange”.

Is there a set up feature or update I missed/need?? Makes me wonder if I’m missing any other features. It shows that my software version is 3.80

I plan on calling garmin in the morning, but I thought someone on here could save me the hassle

Thanks

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Go to the sonar of your choice, and when in that press the menu.

Tritoon
    Participant
    Austin, MN

Your the man!!! Thanks!!!

I guess I need to quit over thinking sh*t

dld24
    Participant

Be careful going across rough water with the quick release bracket…I was going across Mille lacs the other day and it came out of the cradle and luckily it bounced into the boat and not into the lake.

John Timm
    Participant

Just purchased one of these myself. Like it so far. What is everyone elses thoughts on the Garmin Striker 73 SV?

carver
    Participant
    West Metro

Be careful going across rough water with the quick release bracket…I was going across Mille lacs the other day and it came out of the cradle and luckily it bounced into the boat and not into the lake.

First I have heard of this. I thought those cradles were secure. Would be interested to hear any other stories on this.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

First I have heard of this. I thought those cradles were secure. Would be interested to hear any other stories on this.

I run the 93sv’s and have never had that happen, even in some of the roughest water i’ve been in on Superior last fall.

Reef W
    Participant

The way they mount is there are two notches on the bottom that you set it on and then push the top in so that a rounded metal piece snaps into the slot on the back. If it’s actually snapped in I don’t see how it could come out. I’ve beat the crap out of mine on rough water where the RAM mount will move but the Garmin never comes out of it’s bracket.

What I have noticed though is that you can have that metal piece in back not snapped in but still holding it pretty securely just from the pressure of the bracket pushing on the edge of the slot or one end can be in the slot but the other end isn’t all the way. When you push the top there is a metal tab that is sticking up, what you push down on to release it, and you should verify that it looks parallel to the back of the Garmin and is sticking up at the “normal” angle it is when it’s securely snapped in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.